cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisTCF
Frequent Visitor

AfterApril 7: Contract failure: Construction of a PABinary always result in a valid instance.

Starting April 7. 2018 after the PowerApps Update we see this error on mobile phones (Android/IOS). It still works when running the application in the browser, but fails on some Phones. We used the app without issues since Dec 23 2017, but now it fails....

What it does: User takes a picture, sends it off to a json connector for binary and Flow does store/move it into a sharepoint folder. It must be related to the app update, as the connector works if triggered manually and so does flow. 

Anyone else having this issue or any idea what could be the reason?

Thanks

Christoph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ChrisTCF, @Anonymous,

Apologies for the break in functionality and the lack of response. We have identified the root cause of the issue and have already fixed it in our internal builds. We hope to ship the fix in the release after next (around 2 weeks).

While not a definitive workaround, the error can be avoided by taking pictures that result in a smaller file size. For example, when I used an old iPad (I think v1 or v2), I could not reproduce the issue due to the lesser megapixel camera. On my iPhone 7 Plus, I would not hit the issue when I took a "simple" photo (e.g. a photo of a blank, white wall). However when taking more "complex" photos (e.g. scenery) on my iPhone 7 Plus, I would run into the same issue.

Thanks,

Allen

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue with same type of app (take picture with android camera and send it to JSON connector via MS Flow into a Sharepoint folder)

This happened after the latest update (3.18042.25), which BTW fixed a previous issue (see here).

I sometimes wonder, does Microsoft at least QA their fixes ??!!

Hi, you are right, it happens with .25 version, but also didn't work with .20 on Android and on the updated one on April 7th on IOS (don't know version, but I believe it was .21 on IOS). I had hope that it would work again with .25, but it didn't, did the update last Friday on Android.

We are not the only one having that issue I read from other users with that issue, so I hope Microsoft is going to quickly get us a fix for that, can't use PowerApp as a reliable and acceptable business app if we are out of business for weeks because of an update...

thanks for posting!

Hi @ChrisTCF, @Anonymous,

Apologies for the break in functionality and the lack of response. We have identified the root cause of the issue and have already fixed it in our internal builds. We hope to ship the fix in the release after next (around 2 weeks).

While not a definitive workaround, the error can be avoided by taking pictures that result in a smaller file size. For example, when I used an old iPad (I think v1 or v2), I could not reproduce the issue due to the lesser megapixel camera. On my iPhone 7 Plus, I would not hit the issue when I took a "simple" photo (e.g. a photo of a blank, white wall). However when taking more "complex" photos (e.g. scenery) on my iPhone 7 Plus, I would run into the same issue.

Thanks,

Allen

View solution in original post

thanks to everyone that helped to identify the issue an fix it 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any update on this?

Still im facing the issue while uploading photos from Iphone, which was working till month ago.

According to Microsoft support, it should be fixed in a new release for IOS/Andoroid on May 9 or the latest on 12-15 May....hope this helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Chris, I will wait for that release, hope that fix the issue.

By the way do we have any page/link where they mentioned their releases/fixes they are going to work.

not that I'm aware of....

Anonymous
Not applicable

So there came version 3.18051.15 and finally fixed this PABinary issue,  🎉🎉🎉

but.....

now there is an ANOTHER error  😡

Now the error message says that there is an invalid value in the "Photo" parameter (see attached screenshot).

And now for the TWIST !!

Although the error - everything works fine. The JSON collects the photo and all the parameters and everything is uploaded as should to SharePoint.

Again, this all happens only when running the app from a smartphone and not from the web.

Annoying.....    😖

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (95,058)