cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pt1
Level: Powered On

Align.Center not working in IE

Is anyone else experencing issues when using power apps webplayer through Internet Explorer? The align.Center doesn't work in IE but works fine in Chrome (go figure MS products work properly on another platform that isn't maintained by MS).

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Align.Center not working in IE

Hi @pt1,

I cannot reproduce your issue. I inserted a label control and set its Align property to:

Align.Center

The text displays correctly in the center of label control in IE11.

Capture.JPG

Please share more information of your app.

Please try to test with another pc if possible. 

Also, what is your IE version number?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pt1

Sorry, It's actually a text input, but same issue. I'm testing on IE 11.235.17763.0. Align.Left works, align right makes the number invisible (text is way off to the right and need to resize inputbox to see it).

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @pt1,

I still cannot reproduce your issue. From your screenshot, it seems that you are using a textinput inside the data card of an edit form control. Here is my testing result:

Capture.JPG

Can you please try to delete the current textinput control, then insert a new one to test?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
pt1

The screen shot is of a new textinput. The default one the program produced was acting the same way. One thing that might be causing it would be the default value I'm populating with a lookup value (I've tested hardcoding a value and the same problem exists). Or maybe it has something to do with having the form split into two columns (I have a vertical layout and 2 columns selected)? 

aprilhazel

I am also having the same issue with only IE (Version 11.648.17134.0). 

I have a gallery with text input controls for all fields. The fields I have right aligned only show the text when I click inside the field and use the right arrow key to see the text. Effectively, right-aligning makes the text disappear. This does not happen in Edge or Chrome.

Please fix this.

sthieu

I have the same issue Mona. It seems like you need a minimum width for the align.center to work properly on IE11.

In your test, if you halve the width of your label or textinput, you will see that the text is no longer centered but keeps to the right.

To get around this for IE11 l no longer use align.center but align.left, this is not ideal, please look into the issue.

mogulman
Level 8

First of all I don't recommend using IE.  Even their security chief says it is dead.  I've had problems with CSS rendering even using Bootstrap.  Run app in run mode not in editor and inspect element in IE and Edge (right click and select inspect).  See what difference there is.  This is from Edge for right aligned element.

AlignText.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,947)