cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charlotte
Level: Powered On

All contents do not display on Mobile version

Hi there,

All contents do not display on mobile version. In addition there is no horizontal scroll so users cannot view all contents.

There is a vertical scroll, so that it is possible to scroll down to view the contents vertically. however, it is impossible to view the  contents horizontally. Is there any solution?

1 REPLY 1
TiagoFreire
Level 8

Re: All contents do not display on Mobile version

There may be a mismatch between your App.Height, App.DesignHeight and the device. 

Currently I am using more advanced layout techniques, because the default was too unpredictable, as it scales depending on client device DPI setting. 

On Windows for example, if 2 machines with 15-inch, full HD screens have "Scale and layout" set one to 100% and the other to 125%, the app will look wildly different. You may be experiencing the same. 

You can try just setting the widgets width to App.Width and fractions thereof using formulas rather than literal values. 

If it is still not enough, you may have change your app settings. 

Please note that these are advanced positioning techniques that will give you way more freedom and will your app layout to flow, , but also require more dedication to set positioning with formulas.

I leave my apps at the default 16:9 rather than setting a fixed size (DesignHeight, DesignWidth).

I also disable Scale to fit, Lock Orientation. I disable Lock rotation If I want my design to flow from horizontal to vertical on mobile devices.

On the first screen, I also change the height and width from Max(App.Height, App.DesignHeight) and Max(App.Width, App.DesignWidth) to respectively App.Height, App.Width.  

This will allow your canvas to occupy the available space even if it is not full screen, and the scrollbars should show on the widgets. 

You can then use formulas like Width: App.Width * 0.5 to make a widget occupy half the screen width and have if flow with the available space, be it a browser window, or the available width of the device running the app, or when you embed the app in e.g. a Teams tab or Sharepoint. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,869)