cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leyburn19
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Allow SharePoint Connection on App Startup

This has recently started happening.  Everytime I open an App now I get the allow SharePoint Connection Screen.  See below

In the past I only got asked this once.  Now I get it every time.  has there been a change somewhere?  It is a particular problem if you are trying to work offline as it will not let you pass this screen 

share.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @leyburn19 ,

I use two accounts (mine and a service account all the apps and flows are owned by).

About a week ago, Power Apps was asking this every time I signed into certain apps with my service account, but not in my account on the same app.

Shortly after this, I started to have significant authentication issues, including getting into the app but being told I did not have authorisation to see the data (SharePoint). I cleared the cache in the browser (Chrome) and all was well after that.

I am not sure this is your issue though.

Thanks Warren.  I found the issue, but really do not know why it exists yet.  For some time now I have been noting that when I connect to Sharepoint and select a list I have started to accumulate a number of SharePoint Connectors rather than just one.  It would seem that each of these act independently even that I am the user connecting. So when I select a SharePoint List I currently have 5 SharePoint Connections to choose from.  The above problem went away when I removed the connection for this particular app and selected a different SharePoint Connector.

Now I have also noted that when I am in my mobile app and turn on flight mode to test offline mode I was getting some very different results in MyApps.  Sometimes I would see none and sometimes I would see them all. This is confusing an done of those issue where I am reluctant to remove all connectors as I have so many apps.

Some follow up on this.

1. I removed one of the 5 SP connectors - Don't ever do this.  I suddenly had over 100 Flows that had to be repaired.  No simple way all had to be done individually.

2. While the Allow message was fixed I noted that the real reason I could not see the off line app was the lack of data in the mobile device cache. When I cleared my cache on my phone and wen off line all my apps were not visible.  I went back on line and opened a couple a few times and then went  off line again.  These ones were now visible to use.  As I no longer got the Allow SP connection message I was able to open the app I want use

Thanks @leyburn19 ,

I have a number of mobile apps including some with offline caches.

I will note this for the future. Also the connector issue is good to know - I have managed to duplicate some.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,389)