cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Allow User to write in a sharepoint List but not Edit or Delete his created content

Hello, I am working on a project where Users are sending informations using a Powerapp which is accessible from a sharepoint Group. The information is Patched inside a sharepoint List that the User has access to (creating and editing elements created by the User). 

I developped a solution, using a flow that moves new items in that List to another List where the User got no permission (the Flow is impersonating the administrator).

Flow_move_between_sharepoint_Lists.JPG

That way I am able as an Owner of my sharepoint site to access the item using another Powerapp. And here is my problem, I need the User being able to view, using a Powerapp the content sent to that List, and I need him not being able to see the content sent by other Users of the Site.

Does a way of making my List accessible only from Powerapps (while being a sharepoint list) exists ?

Is that possile to make the User connect to my app using another microsoft account (Like giving rights whith a flow) ?

Is it a viable solution for me to create my own API working as Plumsail SP API's that edit permissions of a SP List ?

Many thanks !!

Sriks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Allow User to write in a sharepoint List but not Edit or Delete his created content

Hi

Does a way of making my List accessible only from Powerapps (while being a sharepoint list) exists ?

The only way i'm thinking of is getting items / updating items from the list with a flow running under service account permissions. So the user won't have direct access to the list as the list won't be seen as a data source of the app.

Is that possile to make the User connect to my app using another microsoft account (Like giving rights whith a flow) ?

I don't think so

Is it a viable solution for me to create my own API working as Plumsail SP API's that edit permissions of a SP List ?

Yes it is

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Allow User to write in a sharepoint List but not Edit or Delete his created content

Hi

The only way i'm thinking of is getting items / updating items from the list with a flow running under service account permissions. So the user won't have direct access to the list as the list won't be seen as a data source of the app.

I don't think so

Yes it is

Regards

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,093)