cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Allow users to continue to submit data while patching

I have an app that saves all the data entered into a collection called data10. When the user finishes creating all the entries for the day, they press submit and data10 is patched into my data source and cleared.  The users have complained that it takes too long to submit the data when they have a lot of entries.  To fix this, I was thinking I could create a new collection caled tempdata.  The user will press a button and we'll port over the data from data10 into tempdata and clear out data10.  It will begin patching the data from tempdata into the data source allowing the user to continue to enter new data into data10.  

Does anyone have any experience trying something like this?  Is there a better way to go about doing something like this?  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Allow users to continue to submit data while patching

if you put in a navigate to go to your screen first then ; and the patch after. i think it will navigate and let you continue while it does the patch command.
Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Re: Allow users to continue to submit data while patching

Also if you have a patch with a forall it’s going to slam through those as fast as possible and cripple the app while it goes it. You might look into adding a short delay as well to keep it from throttling your app.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,255)