cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YuChing
Regular Visitor

Allow users to input and dynamically calculation with certain formula

Hi there

I've created multiple galleries to allow users to input data for different data measures across weeks

For example - Users can change values of Backlog/FOH/SLC/DGP, and also 13wk Supply and Fcst

YuChing_0-1623128306548.png

And I'd like to dynamically calculate [Prj Inv] (the last section) as per the values users key in across weeks

For example:

- W1 Prj. Inv = (FOH+SLC) + W1 Supply - (Backlog + W1 Fcst)

- W2 Prj. Inv = (FOH+SLC) + W2 Supply - (Backlog + W2 Fcst)

But after I applied the formula, I found all IDs are fixed with the selected-Week qty of ID1, so as you can see in the above pic, ID2 and ID3 [Prj Inv] is the same value as ID1...tried to search online but can't find the right use case to follow...hope somebody can help, thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @YuChing the text input in the gallery requires to be identified. 

have a look at this:

Gallery1 have two textinputs (TextInput1 and TextInput2) and 5 rows identified by ID

Gallery2 expression to add the two textinputs will look something like this

Value(LookUp(Gallery1.AllItems, id = ThisItem.id).TextInput1.Text) + Value(LookUp(Gallery1.AllItems, id = ThisItem.id).TextInput2.Text)

rubin_boer_0-1623133265657.png

hope this helps you

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @YuChing the text input in the gallery requires to be identified. 

have a look at this:

Gallery1 have two textinputs (TextInput1 and TextInput2) and 5 rows identified by ID

Gallery2 expression to add the two textinputs will look something like this

Value(LookUp(Gallery1.AllItems, id = ThisItem.id).TextInput1.Text) + Value(LookUp(Gallery1.AllItems, id = ThisItem.id).TextInput2.Text)

rubin_boer_0-1623133265657.png

hope this helps you

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@YuChing 

As requested from your other post - I am taking a look at this one too.

Was the information provided by @rubin_boer able to help or do you need a working solution for this problem still?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YuChing ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Best regards,

Allen

YuChing
Regular Visitor

Thank you @rubin_boer  @RandyHayes  @v-albai-msft  following Rubin's solution with a few tries, it works fine for me!!😊

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,390)