cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternate gallery formats for same data: how to

Hi all-

I am making a "talent directory" app.  So I have 2 galleries, each one on their own screen.  They draw from the same data source.  Essentially they are just two different gallery visual formats to view the data (think "people list view" versus "people image view") based on the user's browsing preference.  My problem is, I have another screen that has an expanded profile of the selected user that can be navigated to from either gallery.  I need the items for that profle sceen to switch between referring to the "selected" item based on which gallery they are navigating from.  In essence I need to dynamically switch between "TalentList.selected" to "TalentImages.selected" for my items on the profile screen.

If there an elegant way of doing this with a variable or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Yes, you can, on your OnSelect action of the Galleries, add something like this:

Set(selectedItem, ThisItem)

Then change your Item property on your profile screen to be selectedItem

This will work as long as the data structure of the same...and you did say they were the same Items/datasource.

I hope that helps you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Yes, you can, on your OnSelect action of the Galleries, add something like this:

Set(selectedItem, ThisItem)

Then change your Item property on your profile screen to be selectedItem

This will work as long as the data structure of the same...and you did say they were the same Items/datasource.

I hope that helps you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was too easy!  Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,029)