cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yougan
Helper V
Helper V

Although date format updated correctly under the default property it is not reflecting

I have tried to change the date format but it is not working, still I can see the time format. Please find attached screenshot and help. 

4 REPLIES 4
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Changing the default and its formatting does not remove any controls from that card. The hours/minutes controls you see are a result of the SP list's column allowing date & time instead of date only. You will need to remove those controls and ensure the Update property sends your formatted date back to the SP list. You may want to change your SP list column to reference dates only; otherwise, it will show a 12:00 defaulted time in the list.

Also, your formatting statement should probably read: Text(ThisItem.DateJoined,"mm/dd/yyyy")

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.
eka24
Super User
Super User

On Update Property of the DateDataCard, change it to:

DateValue1.SelectedDate + Time(Value(Text(Now(),"hh")), Value(Text(Now(),"mm")), 0)

You can also ignore the formula above and chose from the dropdown.
If the hour and minutes are not important, set the visible to false
------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Hi BCLS776,

I have tried below one, but still it is not reflecting. Please help 

Text(ThisItem.DateJoined,"mm/dd/yyyy")

@yougan wrote:

Hi BCLS776,

I have tried below one, but still it is not reflecting. Please help 

Text(ThisItem.DateJoined,"mm/dd/yyyy")

Did you make any changes to the controls, the SP List column, or implement any of @eka24 's suggestion? Please share any new output/errors from your app so we know what's going on.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,650)