cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_tekstack
Regular Visitor

Always display a chart with an entity list (view) from a Model Driven App site map

In a model driven app site navigation, is it possible to force a chart to always display for an entity list? For example, I have the Account entity in my site map. When the user clicks this, they see the default Account view. They can click "Show Chart" to display a chart beside the view. I want to force the chart to display whenever the user clicks the Account navigation option. The end result should look like this:

james_tekstack_1-1606843502216.png

I don't want the user to click "Show Chart" and select a chart. I want to define this behavior for the app. 

I don't see this option in the site map configuration.

james_tekstack_0-1606843272501.png

I don't see any parameter I could pass in a URL to force this behavior either. Open forms, views, dialogs, and reports with a URL (Developer Guide for Dynamics 365 Customer Engage...

Anyone know if this is possible?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @james_tekstack ,

According to your description, let me answer your confusion.

Firstly, I'm afraid it is not possible to force the chart to always appear in the entity list.

But we can achieve it in other ways.

The point is to use the dashboard.

I've made a test for your reference:

1\ Create my test dashboard.

v-xiaochen-msft_0-1606959899755.jpeg

v-xiaochen-msft_1-1606959899759.jpeg

Best Regards,

Wearsky

Hi Wearsky,

Thanks for the reply. A dashboard will display a chart and a view, yes it's true. But in a dashboard, I cannot select elements in the chart and filter the view. Only a chart displayed next to an entity view using the "Show Chart" button will allow users to filter based on clicking an element of the chart.

It's too bad this is not available. It is such basic and powerful capability to click on a section of a chart and see a list of the records. The capabilities are almost all there, yet it requires the user to click the button and then pick a chart. They will never do it. So close, yet so far away.

Sincerely,

James

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,002)