cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iantaylor2050
Helper V
Helper V

Amend three dots to multiple lines of text and make them clickable to redirect to different screen

Hi All,

I have a SharePoint list multiple lines of text control which is shown in Powerapps Gallery label.

My requirement is to append 3 dots to the multiple lines of text and make that 3 dots clickable.

Once I click on that 3 dots, it should redirect me to next screen in powerapp which would show the entire paragraph. 

I have amended 3 dots to the multiple lines of text already using concatenate, however not sure how to make them clickable.

Any advice would be helpful? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
VictorWentz
Regular Visitor

Hi @Iantaylor2050,

I think it's impossible to make only the 3 dots clickable, but you can make the whole text clickable with the property onSelect, or, you can also put a transparent button above the text 🙂 

Have a nice day!

cha_cha
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hello @Iantaylor2050 

Native PowerApps UI wise, it's tricky, a custom control would be an answer to these. 

If your width/height is fixed, you can add a transparent button to that part. Put the action controls on the button

cha_cha_0-1669213534049.png

The issue with this is if there are instances when texts are short.

Another is to reduce your requirements and allow maybe allow you to add a button on the side or at the bottom.

cha_cha_1-1669213670014.png

cha_cha_2-1669213687238.png

Just in case you my answer helped you solve your problem, please mark/accept this as a SOLUTION This helps community members if they experience a similar issue in the future.

bistek.space   @cha_bistek    @BisTekSpace 
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Iantaylor2050 ,
You will have to use two labels - 
One will display the text with limited number of characters suppose 50 named "LblLimitedText" - 

Text property of LblLimitedText label -> Left(PlainText(ThisItem.Description), 50)

Second label will display 3 dots named "LblThreeDots"

Text property of LblThreeDots label -> "..."

X property of LblThreeDots label -> LblLimitedText.X+LblLimitedText.Width

You can add below formula in OnSelect property of LblThreeDots label -> 

Navigate(ScreenName,ScreenTransition.Cover, {navItemID: ThisItem.ID})

In the ScreenName you can use lookup function to display full description - 
LookUp(SPList, ID=navItemID, Description)

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,175)