cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zils

Amending Dataverse tables in PowerApps

Hi All, 

I have created an app which uses the countrows function to count rows of dataverse tables to quickly indiciate whether our processes are working accordingly. However, if I can see the processes have failed, I would like a button to appear where at a press, it can amend a dataverse table - i.e. running a workflow on all records within a criteria within a dataverse table.

Is this possible and if so how? Are you able to help @AJ_Z or @Pstork1 

Many thanks,

Zils

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

am I right in assuming you are checking for a failure on the onvisible of the page or something similar with an if condition around the countrows and filter you are using.

If you are then set a variable on visible to say if it passed or failed e.g. If(Conditions, Set(varResult,True), Set(varResult,False))

then you can reference this variable in the visible property of the button so if the condition is true it appears. Then you can use a Patch() function on the OnSelect to write the result to your dataverse table.

let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

-AJ

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jcfDaniel
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not sure what you mean by amend... maybe patch those records?

If that is the case, a ForAll should do the trick.

AJ_Z
Super User
Super User

am I right in assuming you are checking for a failure on the onvisible of the page or something similar with an if condition around the countrows and filter you are using.

If you are then set a variable on visible to say if it passed or failed e.g. If(Conditions, Set(varResult,True), Set(varResult,False))

then you can reference this variable in the visible property of the button so if the condition is true it appears. Then you can use a Patch() function on the OnSelect to write the result to your dataverse table.

let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions.

-AJ

Signature:

If you appreciated my comments/responses please be sure to Like/Kudo them it really does make me smile 🙂 !
Link to the Power Platform Professionals United Kingdom User Group:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Platform-Professionals/gh-p/PowerPlatformProfessionalsUnit...

Hey AJ,

That is the logic I was looking for thanks for explaining it to me I was unsure as to the best way to combine the functions, formula/logic.

I appreciate your time! 

Hi @jcfDaniel, I was just trying to update the results when it failed and only show the button then.

Apologies if this wasn't clear in my original post! But this has now been answered.

I appreciate your quick response and your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,110)