Good morning. I woke up to a few emails from users telling me that there's a random error.
When I log into any of my 5 apps, I get an error that states " An error occured on the server".
Everything appears to be functioning, however, when I'm in the studio and try to do a data refresh on my Azure SQL Db, the PA Editor gives me the error "Try Again. Please see attached photo.
I've checked the username and password and I am able to connect to the SQL db in both Excel and Visual Studio. All other connections (SharePoint, Office 365, OneDrive) are not affected. What would cause this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
This is ridiculous..
Microsoft this is not some Xbox game for personal use.. This is meant to be a business grade service.
Ive only just seen this post and ive been getting An error occured on the server errors all day, On prem SQL AND Sharepoint.
I split up my functions to see what was causing it and it was completely random. Thank god I found this post.
Im at point of deployment of my apps now yet i cant do so because the service is so hit and miss!
Feel ive wasted time on this platform now and need to sort something elsewhere where it is stable.
Hi Guys - There was a mini outage on our side which i believe is what impacted you. There is already a Service health page we have that we post updates to where you should be able to track issues like this. You can check out https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/
We also internally have a process where we look at any such issues and post mortem them so that we can avoid these in the future.
Thanks for the response. The issue being mentioned on the Support page today in my understanding is not the same as what you ran into last week. Also ACK on defining a more streamlined process to be able to mitigate issues faster.
As always we will look at this incident and do an internal post mortem and will try to learn from it.
We are also working on a process to onboard partners to our preview program so that you can test out pre release bits of PowerApps early.
Hi I getting this error only when am trying to read a specific list with lots of columns but it works fine with all other list with less columns. Any idea how to solve that!!!
I'm having this problem today. The behavior is the same on Chrome and Edge. At times the error message won't be displayed, but even then the form doesn't save or close.
This isn't even the only severe issue I've encountered with PowerApps. After auto-generating an app for a SharePoint list, I ran it and it generated an error message about a date column despite the form field having a correct date and there being no validation constraints on the column, either in SharePoint or PowerApps.
I agree with other comments: an application intended for business use should not be in production when it's this buggy and unreliable. Unless these issues are rectified soon, we will have to abandon plans to use PowerApps.
We abandoned development on all but one of our PowerApps deployments months ago and the last one is looking like it will be dropped soon due to instability and constant, frequently undocumented tweaks and a lack of clear coherent development direction and communicaiton. Shame, it looked so promissing at first and most of my customers loved the idea of a app system integrated into the 365 environment. I might revisit in a year or two, assuming MS haven't given up and scrapped it for the new flavour of the month.
Thanks for the feedback. The server issue of yesterday is gone today. Not ready to abandon use of PowerApps for SharePoint forms, but if this happens with any frequency will probably have to. I have one contact who's a PowerApp program manager, so may try to find out more about what's going on.
An update on this issue: It returned and persisted. With some effort and the help of an inside contact it was escalated to the connectors team, which has yet to respond. The following has become apparent and may be relevant to others:
The above suggests that the PowerApps service does not have a correct understanding of the data requirements for list items in the list. It is probably the case the issue could be reproduced when editing records if data were removed from all but the required columns, but I have not tested this.