cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

An Excel Table is not refreshing each time the app is reloaded

Hi everyone,

I have a Data Table in my Power App which uses an excel table as the data source. one column in particular of this excel table changes regularly, and is the important info from this table. For some reason, these updates are not reflected in the app, even after closing the app and reopening. 

I have tried Refresh, but i get an error that "only managed connections can be refreshed"

The app is meant to be housed in a Microsoft Teams channel, so i have housed the source Data in the Teams files section as well (SharePoint), but I don't think that is the issue because this was happening when i was housing the source data on OneDrive for Business, too.

Any help or insights greatly appreciated! I can also provide more detailed info upon request if it is needed in order to find a resolution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: An Excel Table is not refreshing each time the app is reloaded

@nate_halliwell 

You will not be able to Refresh an Excel file stored in Teams (aka SharePoint).  From what I know its not a feature that PowerApps currently has. 

Excel files can be refreshed from a OneDrive connection though.  I would recommend doing that instead and then working through any refresh problems after you've made the switch back.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@nate_halliwell 

You will not be able to Refresh an Excel file stored in Teams (aka SharePoint).  From what I know its not a feature that PowerApps currently has. 

Excel files can be refreshed from a OneDrive connection though.  I would recommend doing that instead and then working through any refresh problems after you've made the switch back.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@mdevaney thanks! I will give it another shot and report back.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@nate_halliwell 

When you respond back please be sure to share the code you used to REFRESH the datasource 🙂

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much! I honesty thought I had tried storing the data on OneDrive first before switching it to SharePoint, but I must have been mistaken because this worked absolutely perfectly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So once you helped me know WHERE to put this data, and got it refreshing properly, i decided to change the control in PowerApps to a gallery. This is the first App i've ever made, so i've had a lot of fun changing things around, and overall just learning what is possible, and figuring out how to make it possible.

Here's the formula i used to filter the data....for context on the dormula, i wanted the gallery to sort the data by team members with the most availability first, then filter the data by either their primary service line alignment or secondary service line alignment.

SortByColumns(Filter(All_TAs_Table, ServiceLineTextInput.Text in ('Primary SL' & 'Secondary SL')),"Availability_x0020_(_x0025_)",Descending) 

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@nate_halliwell
This question is on a new topic so you should make a new post in the forums to ask it

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,479)