cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dragana555
Regular Visitor

An entry is required or has an invalid value error

Hi,

I have created PowerApps form by customizing  SharePoint list but when I click on “Submit” I receive this warning:

an entry is required or has an invalid value”

Initially I have added some fields as mandatory conditional fields based on another field choice but the issue is still present after I removed them as Required.

what could be causing the issue?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Dragana555 ,

Check each field in your list, particularly Title - there will be one there with Require that this column contains information set to Yes

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

Hi @WarrenBelz 

I did, and I also marked Title as not required but I am still facing the issue.
I even refreshed data source in PowerApps but still nothing. 

Hi @Dragana555 ,

You now need to look at the other part of the message and check the Update on each of your Data Cards - there is probably one there wrong. It is a bit hard to diagnose this with just that message to go with.

Thanks. What should be added in Update field for each Data Card?

I have read something about update property but I am not sure what should be added there

Hi @Dragana555 ,

This will depend on the control in it. I have a blog on Controls and their Outputs that may assist.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

So, for example, for Choice Field “Name.Selected.Value” should be added in Update field and for Text Field “Name.Text” ?

@Dragana555 ,

Yes - Name being the control name in the card

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (1,789)