cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Caroline
Resolver I
Resolver I

'An entry is required or has an invalid value. please correct and try again' Error when submitting a form

I've seen this error come up several times on the forum, but nothing recently.

I was able to submit a form without an issue a couple of weeks ago, then suddenly I started to get the 'an entry is required or has an invalid value. please correct and try again' error.

Nothing had changed with the type of data I was entering, or the required fields in the form. I could open the entity in excel and enter data that was with no problem.

I have tried deleting and replacing the form, and changing Required to false on each datacard, but still get the same error. I can't use Patch as it's creating a new record with many fields.

Any ideas?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Caroline
Resolver I
Resolver I

Solved! I went into the entity and found some fields were still showing as required. Once I un-checked these, it worked fine. As I hadn't changed the requirement of any fields before it started showing the error, I'm wondering if it was the Status field that has been added that was causing it?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Caroline
Resolver I
Resolver I

Solved! I went into the entity and found some fields were still showing as required. Once I un-checked these, it worked fine. As I hadn't changed the requirement of any fields before it started showing the error, I'm wondering if it was the Status field that has been added that was causing it?

@Caroline 

Could you mark your post as an answer to help more members find it quickly?

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,998)