I started to build new Power App. SharePoint list form works perfectly but I using also LOOKUP data from existing SharePoint list (about 400 lines). Unfortunately SharePoint list form works only as "dropdown" without option to search.
So I created customized form via Power Apps with combo box which is able to search. Unfortunately If I publish the form created in Power Apps I'm not able to create new item. Also I'm not able to edit existing fields as I getting still same error "An entry is required or has an invalid value".
I tried several hints from this forum.
1) Tittle column is not required.
2) I tried all fields setup as not required in SharePoint list. Then I setup all fields as no required in Power Apps - doesn't help.
3) I tried in app advanced settings turn off delayed loading
I don't have any idea how to fix it.....if I switch back to SharePoint list everything works pretty well.
Solved! Go to Solution.
@RandyHayes I changed only one column which is a dropdown to "combo box" - so thanks to Power Apps is possible to find the results in the dropdown.
Point 7) isn't working. When I click on save, nothing happened.....
@RandyHayes Update: When I test the form directly in Power Apps via created save button, then the new item is saved to the sharepoint list.
However when I publish the app this not happening. This is hard.
Again, this should not be hard....
Out of curiosity, what happens if you make no changes to the customized form except something simple like changing the fill of the form to another color?
Does it function properly then or is there still the same situation?
@RandyHayes I created new list and tried make new Power App Form. What I know there isn't an issue in source LOOKUP.
Hard to say what's wrong in original list....I trying to figured out.
@RandyHayes Update: I deleted whole Power Form :'(
I created new one from detail, added required fields and guess what - same issue.
So I tried to add all possible fields, publish the app a fill them all.... boom....item saved.
I'm going try find which fields created whole problem....
@RandyHayes Looks like whole issues was caused by field "tittle".
What is strange is I know about tittle issues and it's turned off in the SharePoint list.
In Power App Form I trying to setup this field as hidden with required field "false" - from now new item is not saving.
If I again turn on tittle field as required then it works. Do you know how to do the form without tittle field? I don't want to have this field in my form.
So, you'll always have the Title column in your SharePoint list. You can make it not required and you can change its name, but it is always there.
If it is required in SharePoint, changing the "required" in PowerApps will not change the fact that it is required in SharePoint.
Here is what you can do to get around it in PowerApps.
Make sure you have the Title in your EditForm. Set the DataCard Visible property to False. Set the Update property of the DataCard to any text value you want i.e. "No Title". This will set the Title column always to that value. Since you don't care about it, it will just happen automatically and since the DataCard is not visible, no one will see it.
"Make sure you have the Title in your EditForm. Set the DataCard Visible property to False. Set the Update property of the DataCard to any text value you want i.e. "No Title". This will set the Title column always to that value. Since you don't care about it, it will just happen automatically and since the DataCard is not visible, no one will see it."
@RandyHayes I know what you mean, I do not know how to setup. "Set the Update property of the DataCard to any text value you want i.e. "No Title". This will set the Title column always to that value"
Could you advise me, please?
Yes - simply make sure you have the Title field in your field list of the EditForm. Click on the "Edit fields" in the Right Pane of the Edit Form properties.
Make sure you have the Title field listed in your list. If it is not there, then add it with the Add field icon at the top of that list.
Once you have it in your form. Click on the datacard for it in the form. Then click on the Advanced tab in the property pane on the right and Unlock the DataCard.
Then look down that list of properties in the Advanced properties. You will see the Update property. Set it to just a string value - doesn't make a difference what you set it to as you don't really care about it.
Then switch back to the regular properties in that property pane and turn the Visible property off.
Exactly...that is normal on a datacard.
Change the Update property to something like "Title". Now when you submit, every entry will have "Title" in the Title column. But, more importantly, the required column Title is getting a value - so it will never complain that there is a Title column that is required that is missing...because it will have a value now.
Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!
Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights