cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
el
Frequent Visitor

An error occurred on the Server. Server Response: not a valid connector Error Response

The app was working fine.  No changes made, but then it started throwing this error.  It is SQL Server table through an on-premise data gateway.  No triggers, very basic table of schedule dates.  I can run app, but when I go to edit mode to work with it, it throws the error.  If I take out date filter, it doesn't show error.  But why was it working fine in edit mode, then not?  And why does it work when going directly to web app (not running from edit mode?  No JSON, no triggers, loaded the latest version of On-Premises Data Gateway, deleted and re-added connection.  I've seen a lot of posts similar to this, but it seems a fair amount just end up with, "it's working now".  Something seems wrong here.

connect error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
el
Frequent Visitor

Re: An error occurred on the Server. Server Response: not a valid connector Error Response

I opted to just use collection instead of sql gateway data to avoid problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: An error occurred on the Server. Server Response: not a valid connector Error Response

I'm experiencing the same issue with an Azure SQL DB. Any responses or verification that this is a known issue?

el
Frequent Visitor

So in other wierdness...  I was able to avoid error message by modifying filter date criteria with a convoluted date conversion in only the first part of filter:

DateValue(Text(date,ShortDate))>=DateValue(Text(DateAdd(Today(),-20,Days),ShortDate))

&&

date<DateAdd(Today(),14,Days)

So why does the && . . . portion of filter work using same data field, but the first part has to be modified in this way?

So then I tried loading gallery items into a collection using original filter:

date>=DateAdd(Today(),-20,Days) && date<DateAdd(Today(),14,Days 

No error!

When I go back to previous working versions I get the same 'not a valid connector' when in edit>preview mode, but it seems to work ok when I just "play" app directly outside of edit mode.  Seems like a bug in edit program.

TopShelf-MSFT Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you both still experiencing this error?

@TopShelf-MSFT 

el
Frequent Visitor

I opted to just use collection instead of sql gateway data to avoid problem.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,688)