cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Learnfromyou
Level: Powered On

An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response.

This is intermittent... but why do I get the follow error like couple times a day?

ServerResponseError.JPG

-This PowerApp app connects to a SPO list and Office365.

-Our PowerApps is under GCC

-I used the Publish link version and this error occurs

-To resolve this, I have to wait couple min and refresh browsers couple times then it would work again

-I also know I can go to PowerApps and Refresh the data source inside the app. I have done that many many times and which will resolve it, but the error will eventually happen again.

-Intermittent error

Is there some settings I need to do with the connections?

10 REPLIES 10
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response.

Hi @Learnfromyou 

This is really strange! Can you try to delete the current connections to SP list and O365 and try to recreate those connections? These type of errors can come in due to caching issues also. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
Learnfromyou

Re: An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response.

tried to do that couple times and issue is still occuring...

NoumanQ

Hello. I am facing exactly same issue.

PowerApps Team, is there any proper solution to this issue?

Nouman

pierrev

Same error here too.... any news about this issue? 

It started happening today.

I did not touch any connectors,

Trying refreshing all of them in Powerapp Online did not work.

EDIT: After disabling all the experimental Advanced App settings, the problem is gone (fingers crossed 😉

simkessy

Having the same issue, any insight @RandyHayes ?

Super User
Super User

@simkessy 

Did you try what @pierrev mentioned...disable some of the advanced setting experimental features?  Very good chance that one is causing an issue.  They are, in fact, experimental.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
simkessy

I think there were issues with the lists. They were created using a script and they contain lookups and metadata fields. I deleted those field types and it works fine now. Thanks!

Highlighted
ToniSaarinen

Hi,

I started to experience exactly the same error like @Learnfromyou within my Canvas PowerApp just suddenly. The application development worked without issues for couple of months but the issue started around week ago. The setup of mine is exactly the same like described so I'm utilizing SPO custom list as a datasource for my PowerApps but instead of GCC I'm working in normal O365 tenant within Europe region.

Even I receive "Not a valid connector Error response" it seems the App itself seems to be working in mostly stabile way. However at the same time with previously described error it seems there are some issues on the background also related to handling some SharePoint list fields during SubmitForm event. If I open new Monitor feature I can see that some of the operations are actually giving http 502 (bad gateway) responses and this seems to be quite random stuff. However how it seems mostly these 502 issues are relates to "Choice" typed fields.

PowerApps_Monitor.png

I already tried to recreate connections etc. So can you verify what was the way out from "Not a valid connector Error response" Error atleast? Disabling all experimental features and/or getting rid of metatada and Lookup typed fields in a SPO List?

PhilD
Level 8

Getting this on a SharePoint custom form I spent a lot of time on, but only when an item is edited. Adding a new record seems to work fine. Previously, editing was working fine but then it stopped working.

The list has both lookup fields and choice fields, lots of them (around 50).

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,387)