cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response

So I've been banging my head against this for 3 days now...

My app in development used to work fine until recently. Now when I try and AddColumns to a table or collection it fails on the filter section of the code with the error message in the title.

I used to have a direct connection to our on-premise SQL server but I've installed the Gateway connector and configured it and all connection tests pass on the server with the gateway installed on it, not sure if this is the issue but the data is populated in the app fine when I run it, all the tables are present in the app and refresh fine.

I have 3 tables essentially that are relevant: Vehicles, Units and Assignment.  Units are installed on Vehicles and the connection is via the Assignment table, this has the PK of the Vehicle and Unit as a FK and each row in Assignment has it's own unique PK generated at creation. If I try and create a collection which AddColumns I get this error. It parses it ok when I type the code but at runtime in the background it creates this error and flags it up in the app checker.

I've tried it in several places in my app on a particular screen and I always get the same above error.

What is interesting if I do add the AddColumns in the "Datasource" attribute of the form and then remove the code to simply replace it with simply the original code (which is just the Assignment table name) the error persists despite showing the data and another form on the screen with the exact same data source remains unaffected.

I've attached a screenie of my code and screen layout, basically I want to populate the Vehicle Assignment History with all the units it's had installed and include the Unit serial number (hence the addcolumns to add the Unit serial number) and also populate the Unit Assignment History with all the Vehicles this Unit has been installed on (and therefore add the vehicle fleet number as well)

I've removed the connector from the app, deleted the connector, recreated it and reattached it to the app but that doesn't appear to have changed anything...

Any help welcome!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response

Hi @Sincilbanks ,

I have made a test, and find the Filter formula you used in the code is incorrect.  Something to confrim:

1. What does UnitID = UnitID mean? This cause the error I believe. If the second UnitID is from Assignment, you should use disambiguate operator: UnitID='[dbo].[Assignment]'[@UnitID]

2. If you want to filter out ECUNumber of unit, you should use Lookup function: LookUp(Unit, logical_test, ECNumber), which return a value. However the filter function you use will return a table. For more information: Filter, LookUp function 

So you could try 

ClearCollect(AssignmentsPlus,AddColumns('[dbo].[Assignment]',"ECNum",LookUp('[dbo].[Unit]',UnitID='[dbo].[Assignment]'[@UnitID],ID)))

If this doesn't make sense, please post back the meaning of 'UnitID = UnitID' statement ?

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Not a valid connector Error response

Hi @Sincilbanks ,

I have made a test, and find the Filter formula you used in the code is incorrect.  Something to confrim:

1. What does UnitID = UnitID mean? This cause the error I believe. If the second UnitID is from Assignment, you should use disambiguate operator: UnitID='[dbo].[Assignment]'[@UnitID]

2. If you want to filter out ECUNumber of unit, you should use Lookup function: LookUp(Unit, logical_test, ECNumber), which return a value. However the filter function you use will return a table. For more information: Filter, LookUp function 

So you could try 

ClearCollect(AssignmentsPlus,AddColumns('[dbo].[Assignment]',"ECNum",LookUp('[dbo].[Unit]',UnitID='[dbo].[Assignment]'[@UnitID],ID)))

If this doesn't make sense, please post back the meaning of 'UnitID = UnitID' statement ?

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much!! That works perfectly, I think what fooled me was my statement was being parsed by the error checker but failing at runtime, I usually rely on the error checker to catch all my mistakes!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,894)