Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xavierrouhaud
Level: Power Up

Re: An error occurred on the server.

Same error for me.

my apps was working fine.

just a table connected on an SQL DB ...

yesterday each time a use it i have a red message "An error occured on the server"

please help

thanks

Xavier

KD
Level: Powered On

hi Xavier,

on my side this error is re-appearing w/o any pattern or me changing anything in the app.. Seriously frustrating phenomenon... One day my powernaps can work w/o any problem next day same error appears. I don't see how i can industrialize such solution in my organization. Hence, till the moment this thing becomes stable, i'm not publishing anything!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I'm having the same error too!, Is there any fix to this?

AthenaDepper

I don't know if this is still an issue for you guys, but I've just received the same error. After a bit of checking around I didn't see a resolution, but I finally (out of frustration) deleted the database connection and reconnected and that seems to have worked for me.
Jswanson

I am getting this error constantly now doesnt seem to cause any issues but for my users its really anoying. I use on-prem sql connection with the gateway. I have tried reseting and refreshing no luck. Any ideas to fix this is would be much appreciated.

Enzo1

I think PowerApps isn't ready for professional purposes. There are so many bugs and error's. Each datasource has it's limitations. 

Jswanson

I am almost at that point too. Ever since the licence change the errors got worse, loading speed has slowed . So now we are paying alot extra for less functionality and when there are 2,000 users using these apps the cost is quite signifigant.

KevinT

Same here, working 70% of the time, but suddenly it is not working anymore, only showing "An error occurred on the server" as error message...

Very frustrating indeed.

App connected to our DWH via SQL/gateway connection

I will try to remove vlookup references in the app, but this is not ideal at all.

Please look at this asap.

Jswanson

One thing I noticed with our apps is there are no errors in editing it is only with the live version.

sodhir2

Not sure if it is resolved. My app no longer works. Seem like more of a powerapp issue. Is my week's worth of effort's gone? I found PowerApps a great tool but it needs to be fixed. A lot of people seem to be impacted. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,391)