cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lauren_
Helper V
Helper V

An unknown error occurred - simply on submitform!

Hi everyone, an unknown error is occurring on my new submission form, the submit button is on select: SubmitForm(Form1)

It has worked previously and I have no clue why it has decided to stop working. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this other than going through every bit of code on the form?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lauren_
Helper V
Helper V

I've resolved this error - one item had nothing in "default" (I recall it was misbehaving a while back), reinserted this field and removed the troublesome one, now working fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Lauren_
Helper V
Helper V

I've resolved this error - one item had nothing in "default" (I recall it was misbehaving a while back), reinserted this field and removed the troublesome one, now working fine.

NSG

@Lauren_ how did you figure out what field was the problem field?

Hi NSG, I believe I had previously had problems with one particular field in the Form and upon investigation, it had a blank in "default". I deleted the field, reinserted and the error did not occur again. If you're getting a similar error it might be worth going through the different fields in your Form looking for errors or issues, or if it's not too much work, delete the Form & start again.

Hi Lauren. Sounds like you resolved but I just ran into this as well and it appears that if you edit a field in a list, it sometimes makes that field as a custom field on your form. My solution was to delete the custom field on the form and re-add the field back to the form. This worked for my situation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,461)