cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulD1
Super User
Super User

Analytics - seeing large number of 403 errors

A customer has reported seeing a large number of 403 errors showing up in PowerApps Analytics (below is for the last 7 days) although they don't seem to be getting any extra errors reported by the users. 

Any thoughts as to why these errors are occurring, whether they are cause for concern and, if so, what can be done to reduce them?

Users are on mobile phones, predominantly on Wi-Fi but some are on Cell.

PaulD1_0-1610924973486.png

3 REPLIES 3
JayMagness
Super User
Super User

Error 403 is an access issue if they are using standard Http Error rendering. 

My thought is that someone or a bot keeps trying to access the program area and is refused.

I would look at the number of users with access to the program then look at the possible usage and if they get in and out of the system etc. if it is 5 users and the program is open once a day this should be 35 over 7 days the number here is around 280 users and 11 have no issue, I would look deeper to see who or what it trying to access and is refused.

if you want you can send me a one off not and I can setup a teams session and discuss if you like.

Thanks @JayMagness 

100+ users who typically open the App in the morning and leave it running all day, so 295 errors over 7 days is going to be something like 3 errors per week per user if equally distributed.

All the users are on Mobile devices using the App Player so access errors seems odd (also the App itself is shared with 'everyone' but accesses data in D365CE to which only the relevant users have access).

So far, no users are reporting problems so we'll just keep an eye on it over the coming days and I'll revisit this thread if it looks it is/starts causing issues for users.

Hi again,

A few questions more...

Your note stated the image was users over the last 7 days... the number is 259 this is 37 a day if there is 7 work days or 52 if there are 5 work days... so still does not work out if there are 100 users???

either way I would still try to see who the 11 are that do not have an issues. also would maybe run the aplication through Monitor and see if there is somthing causing a no access that times out.

again I am here to help as I can.

jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (56,685)