cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulD1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Android Mobile Player (Canvas): Users report app shutting down when opening other Apps

We have an App that is used throughout the day (but not continuously) by customer-facing staff. They are reporting that if they go to the device home screen and open another App, Power Apps Player will frequently shut down and the App needs to be re-opened from 'cold' which is frustrating. App takes about 15 seconds to load from cold (started from a pinned icon on the home screen) and then they need to navigate back to the record they were previously working on.

Is there any control over when the App shuts down when in the background? I assume this is a function of Android memory/battery management but perhaps there is something in Power Apps Player or Android settings that can influence how aggressive this is?

I am assuming the users are not switching to a different Power App, but confirming if that is the case.

In trying to recreate the issue I have also noticed performance issues once the App has been in the background for a while and is then brought to the fore - the App is often left on a screen that lists the tasks for the day and their current status, this refreshes on a timer set to two minutes and usually takes 2 to 3 seconds to refresh. When the App is brought to the fore this often seems to 'hang' with the activity indicator displayed but the results not updating until exiting and re-entering that screen (which also triggers a refresh of the data).

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,502)