cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DerekPapworth
Level: Powered On

Android back button act as a back button!

General question but to relate it to specific app to explain ...

I've got an app that has 3 screens with main screen showing list of items, clicking on an item takes to second screen with details of the item including a list of sub-items which again clicking on bring up 3rd screen it sub-item details, all fairly standard stuff. The problem is though that on Android, users are used to just clicking the standard "back" button to go back on screens but the PowerApps Android decides to exit the app if the "back" button is pressed which is incrediably frustrating for Android users. Obviously I have a back button in the app itself on each 2nd and 3rd screens so it's cross-platform (i.e. iOS doesn't have back button) but I can't see why the Android version of PowerApps doesn't default the physical "back" button to call the back() function rather the exit() function? It's not there's a need for that when down a number of levels of screen as the swipe left to right will exit so why doesn't the back button on Android (whicj is the only platform with one) act as a back button? At least as an optional setting perhaps.

Derek

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Android back button act as a back button!

@DerekPapworth 

I agree that would be a functional consideration...

There are a few ideas on the Idea board that mention that suggestion.  

You might want to go to the one that has the most votes so far and cast your vote there as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,758)