cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Android version hangs while loading

On my Android phone (version 7.0) my app hangs at trying to load........ I can open the PowerApps application, see my app, but when I click on it I see the welcome screen (not the first page of my app) and the title, and the four little circle icons are animated but that's it. I have had this issue on and off since my phone was updated (Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge). The app loads fine on the desktop in a browser, and also while editing. I have tried signing off and back on, and uninstalling the PowerApps application.

Thanks

18 REPLIES 18
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RobRoy,

Does the symptom happen with any apps under PowerApps Android Mobile?

Would it be available for you to share the session Details here?

under the home screen, tab the "=" at the top left, slide down and tab Session details.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Michael,

Yes, I have two apps showing; one is a beta of the other. They both hang.

Here is the Session ID: e502cc2d-9b08-e371-074b-846adea4aaf5

Sometimes (very rare) the app will open in Android, like this morning. However it is still hanging which means I cannot use it. I just tested the Windows version again and now it also can hang, but usually loads. I notice at the bottom a message box says "Waiting for available socket". I believe this is a Chrome browser message. 

I cannot verify due to inconsistent results, but it appears my app loads more often when using cellular data, and never while my phone is connected to a wireless network. I tested both my home and work wireless connections. It does not matter if the cell connection strength is strong or not, my app can still load, but only over cellular service, and not always (although I wonder if this is due to repeatedly opening and closing the app).

That specific session id shows no errors. Do you have another session id I can investigate?

Here is the latest. I copied it from the mobile app right after I tried to load it and it hangs (wi-fi on):

Session ID: f9132155-135e-a3ee-1ec2-4d82866ccd65

No errors in that one either, so it must be a real hang (I was hoping it was an error that manifested itself as a hang). Hopefully someone else can make more sense of this than I.

I installed the PowerApps app on another cellphone I had (Samsung Galaxy Note 3). The app loads fine and runs quite well, with or without wireless on. The only other difference I could think of for the app not running correctly on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is that I only have one signed in Microsoft account on the old phone. On my S7 I have a work account as well as personal account. I tried signing in with my personal account (the one tied to PowerApps) for my Office apps, and the Admin center, but I still could not load my PowerApps app when connected to wireless, and it is still spotty over cellular data.

tghe other difference is operating system. The S7 runs Android 7.0. The Note 3 runs an older version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

can confirm it "hangs" on android.

My phone is a quite new Samsung S7. After installing my test ap, it started first time, flickered a bit but worked. 

After quitting it and trying to start over again, - loading for ages. Same for your example app, - contacts. 

I have to state I have very mixed feelings about it: first one, wow, how incredably cool, - I can produce my apps in minutes, for simple data entry based on sharepoint list ! and then, after 2 hours or testing and reinstalling and rebooting, i am fully frustrated: its not stable. It doesnt really work on Android and to consider it seriously, it shoul dwork stable!

Cheers,

Laimonas

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (48,707)