cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ell1990 Helper I
Helper I

Annotation in PowerApps

Is it possible for each user to add their own annotations to a PowerApp, that only they can see?

Thanks

Emma

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Annotation in PowerApps

Hi @ell1990 

Assuming the user is the creator of the record or their name is stored on it somewhere, then yes.

For created by, you can set the Visible property of the notes to

ThisItem.'Created By'.DisplayName = User().FullName

This returns a true or false result and the Visible property will be the same as this.

If they are in the record somewhere (I will call the field UserOwning), much the same principle

ThisItem.UserOwning = User<>.FullName

There should not be delegation issues with this as with other User().FullName filters. Just make sure you do not have two users with the same name.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

eka24 Community Champion
Community Champion

If you want the user to see only his/her records, you can filter with User().FullName.

Explaining you case further would help

365CornerDawid Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @WarrenBelz @ell1990 
Great explanation from Warren 🙂
Would only suggest one small enhancement if there is more action to use the User context = User() function it is a good idea to save it to variable like: 

Set(varUser,User())

OnStart of the app as with that we will get the access to record = User properties everywhere in the App with single CALL.

Where using User().Property will always call the function when it is used = makes the app perform slower.|
Hope this is helpful.
Regards
Dawid

WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Thanks @365CornerDawid ,

I actually tested the code on a 10,000 item list and (to my surprise) did not get a delegation warning (and received all my created records in a gallery), hence my note at the bottom.

However I always set both User().FullName and User().Email as global variables on every app at OnStart

365CornerDawid Resolver I
Resolver I

@WarrenBelz I was more thinking about the number of the calls of the User() function than delegation itself. With global variable it is single call and see it as something easier to manage.

It is great to know that for such high level of items it is working fine - think MS team is constantly working to increase performance but as Makers we also should do our part:P

Regards
Dawid

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,701)