cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SevenWishes
Helper I
Helper I

Another Multi-ComboBox question filter

Guys I could be repeatable as I read a couple of different posts but was not able to figure it this one.

I have two ComboBox = ComboBox1 and Combobox2

ComboBox1 is a Location filter, it is sorting all Locations in my company in Ascending order:

Sort(Distinct(Office365Users.SearchUser(),OfficeLocation), Result, Ascending)

as in my Company, there are more than 999 employees I want to have a filter in another ComboBox2 to filter this sort for a user,

So this is the sort for the ComboBox2:

Office365Users.SearchUser({top:999}),AccountEnabled

Which is of course not tracking what is going on in ComboBox1. Any suggestion on how can I add to that ComboBox2 a variable and implement a filter from ComboBox1?

It is very easy but still cannot find a solution.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @SevenWishes ,

Try this

Filter(
    Office365Users.SearchUser({top: 999}),
    OfficeLocation = ComboBox1.Selected.Result
).AccountEnabled

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @SevenWishes ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

SevenWishes
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

It seems the code doesn't work as it should the Allow Search cannot be turned on when applying this on ComboBox2 (tried to turn it on but it is going off after a few seconds), and it doesn't find any user from the dropdown list.

@SevenWishes ,

Sorry that is all I can suggest after some testing on a model. The biggest issue is the AccountEnabled which can only be returned at the end.

SevenWishes
Helper I
Helper I

@WarrenBelz 

Is there a chance to load all employees as filters not showing me users starting names on Z. The reason why I wanted to use location filters was the reason

This code below gives me correct details but cannot be raised above 999 units even if I added static filters with a city on it.

Office365Users.SearchUser({top:999}),AccountEnabled

I am trying to find an alternative version of how can I search all employees. I thought that filters will fix that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,835)