cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allyseh
Helper I
Helper I

Any field changing checkbox values

I'm having some very strange problems with checkboxes in all of my apps.

Each app is embedded in a D365 form and surfaces information from a child record. The app contains an edit form of fields from the child record.

I changed all of the two option (yes/no) combo boxes to be checkboxes, with the default property set to "ThisItem.<field name>". 

This had been working properly until two weeks ago. Now when any field on the form is edited, the checkbox values are changed. (Any change to the form submits the form and saves back to the CRM entity). 

I don't understand what could be causing these changes. This has become a big problem across all my apps, and any help will be very appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @allyseh ,

How did this checkbox change after editing any fields inside this form? Did you mean it will immediately change the value in checkbox, or did you mean that after submitting the form, it shows the opposite value even that you didn't manually change the checkbox? 

What is the formula that you use to update the fields?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-monli-msft ,

Thank you for responding. To clarify, the checkbox values are being changed immediately after any other field is changed, and the changed value is being submitted with the form. That is correct that they are being changed to the opposite value without manually changing anything.

For the Update property, I am using something like this: 

If(VC.Value = true, 'Van Certification (Contact Ext (PAM))'.Yes, VC.Value=false,'Van Certification (Contact Ext (PAM))'.'--')

VC is the name of the checkbox, corresponding to the van certification field of the Contact Ext (PAM) entity, which is a two option field with choices 'Yes' or '--' .

The saved value of this field in the CRM record correctly matches the submitted value of the checkbox, the problem is that something is changing the checkbox right before or as the form is being submitted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,563)