cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gv-booost
Frequent Visitor

Any new button in the new commandbar preview function gives error when clicking

I get the following script error when I test a newly added button to the preview commandbar in Modeldriven app:

"ExecuteExpressionFunction endpoint is not initialized"

Any tested formula gives the same error. So a simple Notify with correct syntax will not be causing this error.

All tutorials followed.

Does anyone have experience with this? No search results on Bing/Google/etc found.

14 REPLIES 14
AL20

I have the same problem. I see no way to make command buttons work, which means model-driven apps are basically just spreadsheets. I'm wondering what I'm missing. Did you find a way to get command buttons to work?

nirmal_kumar

nirmal_kumar_0-1632831647139.png

I am getting the same error. I also tested with Admin Credentials but the error remains. Looks like something broken in that specific tenant. Because when i tested in another tenant it worked well. Nit sure whether Microsoft has this issue based on region. Because in the unitedkingdom region i get this error whereas in indian region there are no errors.

waroocow

I just experienced the same thing. Turns out the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policy was the cause. I don't know what specific element of the policy was as these policies are created by admins, but when we moved it to a more relaxed policy, the command button issue resolved. 

waroocow_0-1638471718420.png

Manage data loss prevention (DLP) policies - Power Platform | Microsoft Docs

ebp

Hello. Any additional updates on this?  I have the same issue.  I have 3 environments (DEV, TEST, PROD) all within the same tenant and all with the same DLP.  The commandbar button works on 2 of the 3 environments, but not in my PROD environment which is the one I really need.  I have checked permissions, every environment setting I can find, etc. and can find no difference that might explain this.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

KASCHN
Resolver II
Resolver II

I am having this same issue with new command buttons especially if they are on the main form. When I am in the model driven app preview editing pane I get the same message as others on this thread. ( I am in the US region).

KASCHN_0-1642105093079.png

However when I am in the app proper, I get a different scripting message. 

KASCHN_1-1642105137730.png

Is there any more clarity around this or should I conclude that since it is a preview feature it may or may not work for now?

Dswenson
Frequent Visitor

@Swarna any update on this issue? I am encountering the same problem. 

If you think my reply helped you please mark this as solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,489)