cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Any plans to give Pen Control feature where it can save images as a base64 url like camera?

Trying to save Pen sigiture to a SharePoint Online library directly without any additional services.  Possible? We were able to do it with Camera but not Pen control.   Any plans to offer a way?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Any plans to give Pen Control feature where it can save images as a base64 url like camera?

Hi @cyberpine,

You can actually save the drawings from Pen control as images using PowerApps now. Please follow the documentation about how to Create a set of images:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/control-pen-input/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Any plans to give Pen Control feature where it can save images as a base64 url like camera?

This is not solved!  Why is the pen image different from the photo image, it make NO sense.  I can easily upload my photos from PowerApps to Azure Blob storage using a simple Azure Function to remove & replace the header in the byte array, then push it to an Azure Blob Storage Account and lofe is good.  This however does not work for the Pen image, why can't i have access to the same type of data as i have with the photo?

I need a good way to take the signature that i just got from my customer, and upload it to Azure Blob Storage so i can use that image to supper impose over the contract to generate a PDF - but without access to the same data as i have with the photo control, i can't make this happen.

I am not looking for a work around, i am looking for a solid solution please - and fast as this is the last part of my project that i need to get working.

See how i am uploading photos to Azure Blob storage here (and the problems related to that technique):

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Blob-connector-functions-called-from-Flow-can-t-p...

I look forward to treating the pen image the same as i would a photo image - just give me a second property that i can use.

-Eric Niemiec

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

This is not solved!  Why is the pen image different from the photo image, it make NO sense.  I can easily upload my photos from PowerApps to Azure Blob storage using a simple Azure Function to remove & replace the header in the byte array, then push it to an Azure Blob Storage Account and life is good.  This however does not work for the Pen image, why can't i have access to the same type of data as i have with the photo?

I need a good way to take the signature that i just got from my customer, and upload it to Azure Blob Storage so i can use that image to supper impose over the contract to generate a PDF - but without access to the same data as i have with the photo control, i can't make this happen.

I am not looking for a work around, i am looking for a solid solution please - and fast as this is the last part of my project that i need to get working.

See how i am uploading photos to Azure Blob storage here (and the problems related to that technique):

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Blob-connector-functions-called-from-Flow-can-t-p...

I look forward to treating the pen image the same as i would a photo image - just give me a second property that i can use.

-Eric Niemiec

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

To work around this issue, i have resorted to using the Excel method just to get the image in to Azure Blob Storage, then i use Flow and the Azure Blob Storage connectors to move the image around to where i need it.  Then i delete the original file and remove the entry in the Excel document to keep it clean.  I just have a feeling i will be dealing with concurrency issues here shortly with this method - but maybe not.

Still looking for a native way to use the Azure Blob Storage connectors via Flow.

-Eric Niemiec

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Did you find a solution right now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Announcing

Class of 2020- Season 2

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,689)