cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any way to prevent a user from editing PowerApps form connected to SharePoint Online list?

Hello everyone,

Just for some background, I've created a SharePoint Online list and given a group of users "management-level" access, meaning they can view/edit items, but not anything else. Now I'm trying to find a way to prevent this set of users from customizing the PowerApps form that is associated with the list. 

Does anyone know of a way to go about doing this?

Thanks very much in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Any way to prevent a user from editing PowerApps form connected to SharePoint Online list?

If the user doesn't have "Manage Lists permission" permission through any of the permission levels assigned to the user then they won't be able to create or customize the PowerApps custom form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Any way to prevent a user from editing PowerApps form connected to SharePoint Online list?

You need to reduce their access to contributor. If they have the Edit access they can modify the list which means they can modify the PowerApps custom form. Users with contribute access can edit items in the list but not the list itself and therefore can't modify the PowerApps custom form.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jeff_Thorpe, thank you for the response!

My dilemma is that I am trying to allow the editing of list items. Here's what I have selected currently, for the custom permissions level:

image.png

If I uncheck the "Edit Items" permission, then any user I assign this custom permissions level to will no longer be able to edit items in the list, correct? Or is my understanding wrong?

Thanks again!

Super User
Super User

@Anonymous,

The Manage Lists permission is what is going to allow a user to customize PowerApps custom forms. Couple of things to remember, permissions get cached, so the changes you make may not take affect right away. Also a user can be assigned multiple permission levels (e.g. They are in multiple groups) and they will have an aggregate of those permissions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, that is good to know. So based on the permissions I pasted above, a user who is assigned only this custom permissions level shouldn't be able to customize PowerApps forms?

I really appreciate your help!

Super User
Super User

If the user doesn't have "Manage Lists permission" permission through any of the permission levels assigned to the user then they won't be able to create or customize the PowerApps custom form.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,790)