cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

App Crash because Deleting Combo Box Selected Item to Filter Gallery

Hello Power Apps Community,

This it my first encounter of something very weird happening when making application in power apps.

So I have this scenario which should be very simple and working every time.

But since yesterday it becomes undeniably weird.

These are brief description about my problem :

1. I have a combo box which contain items from predefined table
  2. I have gallery that contain the same items from the same table
  3. I use the combo box to filter the item in the gallery based on its certain column
  4. Every time I select new item OR changing it to another item, the gallery shows the correct item and working fine
  5. But when I DELETE that selected item in the combo box, then my editor screen went blank.
  6. If I play the app, then somehow it shows the spinner and reload it again

I attached some pictures here, and also gif files so the problem can be clear here.

The working solution for now, I have to use Collection for the gallery to be able to filter it using combo box.

Is this some problem with the power apps right now?
Because my already published app also facing this problem.

I hope you guys here can help me.

Best regards,

Rizky - Indonesia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps
Power Apps

@rizkyaditya @Joti @mpuricelli @ALS @sOliver @Ehiga @Romain_Pham 

A hotfix has been deployed to all production regions.  You will need to edit and re-publish your app(s) for changes to take effect.  We apologize of any inconvenience this may have caused.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello Power Apps Community,

Is there any information about this?
Does anyone experience this kind of glitch?

The workaround with collection doesn't seem effective because if I need to refresh the data, it means I need to recreate the collection every time.

Please any advice for this matter is really appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. I was able to break down the error to the combination combo box and sorting function of the gallery.
Without "Sort()" there is no crash.

I'm having the same issue.  To filter data in my main gallery, I'm using a combination of buttons (that either set variables or are assigned a specific data value) as well as a combo box that pulls from Office365Users. I've noticed that when I select a person and click around, everything is good, but when I "X out" of the combo box, the screen goes blank or goes to the home screen.  This is slightly random, but mostly reliably the same every time. - So glad I found this thread.  I spent half a day trying to figure it out.

Hello @Joti ,

This is my table for the combo box datasource.

Table(
    {Title: "Test 1", Content: "This is test 1"},
    {Title: "Test 2", Content: "This is test 2"},
    {Title: "Test 3", Content: "This is test 3"},
    {Title: "Test 4", Content: "This is test 4"}
)

And this is my gallery items which is just the same table but filtered from the combo box

Filter(Table(
    {Title: "Test 1", Content: "This is test 1"},
    {Title: "Test 2", Content: "This is test 2"},
    {Title: "Test 3", Content: "This is test 3"},
    {Title: "Test 4", Content: "This is test 4"}
),Title = ComboBox1.Selected.Title)

And the apps just look like this.
This basic function just doesn't work like that it should be.

The problem just suddenly happened.

rizkyaditya_0-1605059481606.png

I hope somebody from microsoft or the other gurus can help to see solution for this.

I've noticed that when I select a person and click around, everything is good, but when I "X out" of the combo box, the screen goes blank or goes to the home screen.

This is so true @turtledave 

I hope we find a solution for this problem.

It is so weird because when i use another account to make the apps, the problem is still there.

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I'm having the same problem filtering a gallery with Combobox.SelectedItems.

Unselecting items causes the app to crash in the editor or when running.

I hope someone on the PowerApps team is looking into this, doesn't seem it's a user mistake.

Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing this same issue with an app I republished yesterday (without changing any of the associated logic).  When a user selects an item in a combobox the associated gallery is correctly filtered.  But when that selection is cleared with the X or another combobox item is multi-selected then the app goes blank or restarts.  This occurs in both the published version and the studio.

I would appreciate any comments on what changed or what we can do to address this.

Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing exactly the same issue as described above. I think this has something to do with the Power Apps release version. What I noticed is that if I revert to a previous version which was using Power Apps version 3.20102.16, the app works as expected. However, all Power Apps versions more recent than that with the exact same code will result in app crash / restart of the app. 

Frequent Visitor

Hi ! 

I'm having the same issue. I have notice that if I change the gallery displaymode to view, gallery don´t crash, but I need to edit the gallery items. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (39,002)