cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

App Editing not working

This is a new one for me, hopefully somebody else in the community has had the same problem and resolved it. I have an app published and I have been editing it consitently all day on another PC. I come home and start to edit it on another computer and, the whole screen design has gone and nothing appears to be functional.

I have restored Previous Versions and again the same issue persits. It makes no difference if I try to edit on Web or in App. The more annoying thing however, is that the app will play in Browser and on mobile devices without having the same issue. Anybody with any thoughts....

This is what I see when I edit!This is what I see when I edit!This is the App Running!This is the App Running!

40 REPLIES 40

@sridutt I’m still seeing same issue in Studio which has not appeared to have updated but, that’s not a surprise, I’m in Canada and the number of fixes / features which are mentioned always seem to take longer to get here, lol.

Web Version looks good. Thanks to the team for all the efforts in getting it fixed and rolled out.

It just came up

PowerAps just updated 🙂

All looking good now on PC Studio version

Thx   Robot tongue

@sridutt I have Windows Store pushing me the update through tour Business Catalog.

@sridutt That is update now available in Business Store and downloaded. All looks good.

Power Apps
Power Apps

The fix has been released in version 2.0.802 

Thank you all for the patience!

View solution in original post

Hi PowerApps Team,

I have been experiencing the similar issue that when I edit the powerapps file, it is not showing up what I have last edited. Some of the objects couldnt load properly. I tried all browsers and methods of allowing cookies but still no help.

You can see in below my edit mode and runtime mode... those objects are not showing up. Just look at the first top banner itself that says CharterPod SP.., is already not showing up.

This is very urgent... we cannot proceed to update our programs now...kindly look into this asap!

Thanks

Edit Mode Error.PNGRuntime Mode.PNG

Hi @BoonYar_Aeris,

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Could you let us know the error/warning message with those yellow flags and the formula, taking the first top banner as example? As well as the powerapps version with this issue and sessionid please?

Thanks,

Xiaoxia

Hi XiaoXia

Thanks for response. 

My banner actually dont have any errors or warning but I have attached an example of one of the formula and its corresponding warning message. I do not think this is the cause as I have been having these warning messages which I am aware but I could load in the past when I open it to edit.

Interestingly this morning when I reload I could get the screen back normal and then I close the file and reopen it again, the problem came back... it seems random, which is a more worrisome problem. I attached both session IDs 

1. When Edit screen comes back normal: SessionID: Session ID: 9cbc35eb-e300-404c-95cd-23cedaa99ace
PowerApps 3.18073.28

2. When Edit screen abnormal again: 

Session ID: c5220e3c-5ef3-4c91-958b-fcc5cae5f293
PowerApps 3.18073.28

Powerapps Version: Using the web to author - Version 3.18073.28

Appreciate if you reached out to me asap... it is very urgent. I log a support ticket but no one from Microsoft has called me yet. 

Thanks

Boon Yar

Hi @BoonYar_Aeris,

We looked at the telemetry and found some errors but the root cause is still not identified. Could you capture Fiddler traces and send them to xiaoxhua@microsoft.com to help? I've opened an incident ticket for your issue and will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Xiaoxia

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,701)