cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhangad
Level: Power Up

Re: App Editing not working

hello @skmcken Thanks for the resolution, and for the link also. was looking it. really appreciated. Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
sidney80
Level: Powered On

@BoonYar_Aeris - Did you find a solution to this?  

I had a similar experience with my Apps.  One resolved on its own in another browser (strange).  Then the last occurrence on Saturday I literally made a copy giving it a new name and it resolved.  I also noticed under Apps Settings > Render Classic Mode was on and when switching it to "off" I think help before making a new copy of the App.  I'm still not sure what caused the editor to not display properly but that's what helped in my case.  

Hope this helps!

-Sidney

BoonYar_Aeris

Hi Sidney,

Thanks for the pointer... MS Staff is trying to help me look into it. But yeah i Should give it a shot to your suggestion... lets see.  I actually tried to save this as another file name it didnt work. When I export it out to msapps file and open this file using my another O365 account (i.e. different domain) the editing issue has no problem... so really beats me. 

Thanks again, will keep all posted.

Cheers

BY

BoonYar_Aeris

Hi Sidney

I tried on the settings you mentioned and renamed too... still didnt work. Thanks anyway! 🙂

Cheers

BY

sidney80

@BoonYar_Aeris - Bummer, please let me know what ends up solving your issue.  Just in case I run into this again.  

Thanks! -Sidney

Super User
Super User

Oh Thank God!

also had Apps Settings > Render Classic Mode turned on (so I could drag and drop Form fields!).

Steps to "fix":

• Turn Render Classic Mode OFF
  • Save As "someotherAppName"
  • Close browser tab
  • Open new browser tab
  • Open "someotherAppName"

App is back... sheesh! Heart stopper as 8/1 is the deliverable date for this app. 

BoonYar_Aeris

Hi Eric,

Good for you...mine is still under investigation by product team. 

To begin, I didnt even set Render Classic Mode on... but have tried it nonetheless.. didnt help me.

THanks anyways!

Cheers

BY

BoonYar_Aeris

Will do THanks Sidney! Smiley Wink

BoonYar_Aeris

Hi Sidney and all,

Just to keep you all posted, yesterday when I open up the app, somehow the Editing mode now shows normal again. 

I think something was being improved in the backend. And the thing is I checked the settings - it was set as Improved App Rendering (final validation) is default turned on.

Anyways I have kept MS PowerApps Support Team in the loop and will monitor this for a bit before we close case. Thanks to MS Support and @Xiaoxia for escalating!

Cheers!

BY

Grantwalker

Having the same issue. Editor was working fine and now it has several errors and has wrecked the formatting in the editor side of things. Published version is working fine.

Tried all the fixes mentioned in previous posts but this seems to be a MS issue not a browser issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,846)