Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HerbAuster
Helper IV
Helper IV

App „Help Desk Tickets" and OnChange Event

Hello Community,

I am still a beginner with PowerApps and am currently trying to customize the app "Help Desk Tickets".

For this I have created another button in "CreateTicketFormScreen" below the textbox "Description". After I have deleted this button again, the "Create" button is no longer activated when entering it in the text box. I have assumed that the event "OnChange" will take effect as soon as I have entered more than one letter. But I don't find anything here how to activate the button again.

Second question: How can I define the value "Low" as default value when selecting the ListBox "Priority"?

Many thanks for your support.

7 REPLIES 7
HerbAuster
Helper IV
Helper IV

I'm going crazy with this app. Now I've gone back about 50 versions. The now active version has no additional button anymore. After the first call everything works, but then I change only a small thing (e.g. the title text), then it comes again to this phenomenon, which after successful input of all data the create-button is not set active.
Can someone please explain to me where and how the event is triggered so that the button is set to active?

I am grateful for any help, because already very desperate.

EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Check the "DelayOutput" property on the textbox. My understanding is that when DelayOutput is set to true, the textbox waits a little while before firing off the OnChange function so the user has a little longer to type.

Hello, Eric, thanks for your feedback.

I already tried the "DelayOutput" with the textbox and the button.

I also switched off the spellchecker for the textbox again, all without success.
Now I have gone back 50 versions to a version that works. If I save this app without having changed anything, then the same problem occurs again. It's a shame that PowerApps is so extremely sensitive here. I've already explained to my boss that you can't use PowerApps like that in a company. I'm out now and in 1-2 years I'll deal with PowerApps again, maybe such an oblique behavior has been corrected by then.

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HerbAuster ,

1)

Please check the "create" button's DisplayMode property.

The original formula is:

If(IsBlank(CreateTicketScreenTitleText.Text) || IsBlank(CreateTicketScreenTaskDescription.Text), DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

What matters are whether the two textinputs are blank.

If one of them is blank, the button will become inactive.

So could you tell me the formula of your "create" button's DisplayMode property? did you make any change?

1295.PNG

2)Please set the CreateTicketScreenPriorityDropDown's Default: "LOW"

1296.PNG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yutliu-msft,

Thank you so much for your feedback.
My boss now asks me to finish the app. So I have to look into the individual problems. 🤔

Problem 1:
If I look at your two snapshots I have to realize that there are different versions of this "Help Desk Ticket" template. My structure view looks completely different than yours, see my snapshot. That's why I have a completely different code behind my button at DisplayMode "If(CreateTicketForm.Valid;DisplayMode.Edit; Disabled)".

structure view.JPG

I downloaded my version from this website:

https://docs.microsoft.com/de-de/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/help-desk-install 

or here:

https://pappsfeprodwestuscontent.blob.core.windows.net/sampleapps/helpdesk/docs/HelpDesk(SP_List).zi... 

My problem only occurred after a server error occurred between two versions when the app was called. Since then I can't get rid of this problem anymore. Meanwhile I have officially submitted a support request to Microsoft. Since I'm not in the office at the moment, I don't get a call back until Monday.

Problem 2:

Of course I also tried in the first step to enter the word "LOW" in Default. But this is not accepted, a record set is expected. In my SharePoint list "LOW" is already stored as default. I found the following article on the internet:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/default-values-for-complex-sharepoint-types/ 

If I understood that correctly, then the following code would be correct:

If(
    EditForm1.Mode = FormMode.New,
    { Value: "LOW" },
    Parent.Default)

I replaced "EditForm1" with "CreateTicketFormPriorityValue".

However, the "Mode" parameter is not accepted here.
Do you have any other idea how to make "LOW" for default?

Thank you for your patience. 🙃

Hi @v-yutliu-msft,

My boss now asks me to finish the app. So I have to look into the individual problems. 🤔

Problem 1:

If I look at your two snapshots, I have to realize that there are different versions of this "Help Desk Ticket" template. My structure view looks completely different than yours, see my snapshot. Therefore, behind my button I have a completely different code at DisplayMode "If(CreateTicketForm.Valid;DisplayMode.Edit; Disabled)".

structure view.JPG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-en/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/help-desk-install 

or here:

https://pappsfeprodwestuscontent.blob.core.windows.net/sampleapps/helpdesk/docs/HelpDesk(SP_List).zi... 

My problem only occurred when a server error occurred between two versions of the app. Since then I can't get rid of this problem anymore. Meanwhile I have officially submitted a support request to Microsoft. Since I'm not in the office at the moment, I don't get a call back until Monday.

Problem 2:

Of course I also tried in the first step to enter the word "LOW" in Default. But this is not accepted, a record set is expected. In my SharePoint list "LOW" is already stored as default. I found the following article on the internet:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/default-values-for-complex-sharepoint-types/ 

If(
    Parent.Default)

I replaced "EditForm1" with "CreateTicketFormPriorityValue".

Do you have any other idea how to make "LOW" for default?

Thank you for your patience.
Greetings

Hi @v-yutliu-msft,

My boss now asks me to finish the app. So I have to look into the individual problems.

Problem 1:
If I look at your two snapshots, I have to realize that there are different versions of this "Help Desk Tickets" template. My structure view looks completely different from yours, see my snapshot. Therefore I have a completely different code behind my button at DisplayMode "If(CreateTicketForm.Valid;DisplayMode.Edit; Disabled)".

structure view.JPG

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/help-desk-install 

o here:

My problem only occurred when a server error occurred between two versions of the app. Since then I can't get rid of this problem anymore. Meanwhile I have officially submitted a support request to Microsoft. Since I'm not in the office at the moment, I don't get a call back until Monday.

Problem 2:

If(
    Parent.Default)

I replaced “EditForm1” with "CreateTicketFormPriorityValue".
Do you have any other idea how to make "LOW" the default?
Thank you so much for your patience.
 🤗

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,358)