cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

App Refreshes and Clears Filters on Gallery

I have a reporting app that I've tested without problems (with a few users), but a few bugs have cropped up after releasing it.

The app is a simple Search Filter -> Gallery -> Form. The Text in the Search Filter defaults to User.FullName and items in the Gallery are filtered based on a StartsWith formula. Users can clear the filter to see other users' items, but from a UX perspective I wanted them to see their items first.

The thing is that on loading, the app will manifest one of two behaviours:

1. It will clear the filter on the gallery, returning all items even though the default text in the search filter box is still the user name

2. When someone is typing into the search filter, the app will occasionally pop the cursor out of the box and people have to click back in the box to complete their query.

Both of these are somewhat minor--people can re-enter their name in the search box and the app will filter the gallery again, and people can still complete their filters by clicking back in the text bar and completing their search parameter--but it is an irritant.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: App Refreshes and Clears Filters on Gallery

I'm trying a solution from this site.

Essentially, it suggests using the following command on the home page to cache the current user's name.

OnStart -> Set(CurrentUser, User()) 

Then, when calling the user name, such as in my search box' default text, I replace User().FullName with CurrentUser.FullName. It's supposed to improve functionality. I'll report back if this is the case.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm trying a solution from this site.

Essentially, it suggests using the following command on the home page to cache the current user's name.

OnStart -> Set(CurrentUser, User()) 

Then, when calling the user name, such as in my search box' default text, I replace User().FullName with CurrentUser.FullName. It's supposed to improve functionality. I'll report back if this is the case.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @ShAnc - any luck with improved functionality? 

@Anonymous

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes - the solution worked. Thanks for the prompt!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,385)