Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YamiteKudasai
Helper II
Helper II

App Same Environment

Hello everyone,

I have a question. I have this Default Environment which is a Production Environment and Team/Enterprise Development as the dev environment. 

My Question is: Is it okay to put Production App and Dev App in One environment? For my perspective it should not.
But I need your expert opinion on this, because my client wants to put them in one same environment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ArchitectMadhan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@YamiteKudasai , Actually its hard to have Dev and Prod App in same environment. But there is no rule, you can have same app in two different names by exporting the Dev App (Fully tested and working fine) and import it with the suffix prod to the App name (just know that its prod app). But every time you need to take a copy of Prod App and rename it as Dev App then you start working on it. Don't forget to have the previous exported Prod App in a repository, just in case if you need to restore the old copy.

Please accept it as solution and give thumbs up, if it works for you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ArchitectMadhan
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@YamiteKudasai , Actually its hard to have Dev and Prod App in same environment. But there is no rule, you can have same app in two different names by exporting the Dev App (Fully tested and working fine) and import it with the suffix prod to the App name (just know that its prod app). But every time you need to take a copy of Prod App and rename it as Dev App then you start working on it. Don't forget to have the previous exported Prod App in a repository, just in case if you need to restore the old copy.

Please accept it as solution and give thumbs up, if it works for you

View solution in original post

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,166)