cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helen

App Sharing Problem

Hi

I have created a simple App using an excel spreadsheet saved in my one drive, I have not shared to spreadhseet file in one drive.

However when I try to share the app with other collegues they can access it on their mobile devices but no data shows up and they get an error message (Something to do with metadata??). What am I missing? 

Kind regards

Helen

4 REPLIES 4
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Helen,

You need to share your OneDrive spreadsheet file to the colleagues in OneDrive before you want them to access and read your data in PowerApps. The data should show after your share the file to them.

For your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mona

Thanks for your reply, that helps alot. i just have one more question. Eventually i'm looking at sharing this App with the whole of the company I work for (we have thousands of employees). It won't be feasbale to share the one drive document with everyone. Whats the best way around this, do I need to the spreadsheet into Sahrepoint?

If so what would you recommend as the best way for me to do this?

Many thanks

Helen

Hi Helen

I'm Having the same issue here in my company, i'd like to share the app with everyone in the company and somehow there is no time to write or to process each name and emails to share, if there's any solution or you have got the answer, please tell us about it, we'll really appreciate it.

Thanks

There is an option in the share page that allows you to share the app with the entire org.

Also, you can share with security groups rather than specific users.

This page has more details:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/share-app/

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (44,060)