cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olsen9
Resolver II
Resolver II

App StartScreen

I'm trying to use this logic only when the form is new but it even shows up when trying to open any previous item

If(SharePointForm1.Mode=FormMode.New,Navigate(WelcomeScreen))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @olsen9 ,

In that case I would integrate the navigate function in the OnEdit and OnView properties of the form:

BCBuizer_0-1646675360324.png

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @olsen9 ,

Can you describe the screenflow of your app a bit more? 

I assume you have a WelcomeScreen from which the user can navigate to a BrowseScreen that contains a gallery where the user can view exisiting items or choose to add a new one. When selecting either option, the formmode is set and then the user navigates to the DetailScreen. When submitting the form, the above logic is applied, but not working?

If the above flow is the one of your app indeed, please check if the formmode is changed correctly.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
olsen9
Resolver II
Resolver II

WelcomeScreen would be for only the first time a user adds a new item.  It gives them 2 option on the welcome screen, enter in task A or enter in task B

When going back into the item, to make edits or view they wouldn't ever see the WelcomeScreen

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @olsen9,  can you share the code for when the users selects an item to view/edit? 

olsen9
Resolver II
Resolver II

I should have said I'm using standard form for SharePoint and Powerapps

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @olsen9 ,

In that case I would integrate the navigate function in the OnEdit and OnView properties of the form:

BCBuizer_0-1646675360324.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,144)