cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

App alignment on big screens

Hello, 

I am developing an app with fixed width and when I launch it on big screen (i.e. computer monitor), it is aligned to the left side of the screen. I would like it to have it centered. Is there such option?

Thanks much, 

Patrik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: App alignment on big screens

Hi @mrazekpatrik 

I still think it might be the embedded optimization setting, as your background is showing as white - this only happens when that feature is on - it is intended for embedding into webpages which is why there is Whitespace around it

Here's my test of this

Optimized Embedded Experience Off

image.png

Turning on optimized embedding, saving, re-publishing, run the App and refresh the App using Ctrl+F5 to force the browser to reload any cached items:

image.png

image.png

If you have turned the setting off and saved and republished - could you try refreshing the App once it loads? and could you try using another browser to confirm that its not the browser keeping the old version where the setting is still on?

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @mrazekpatrik 

Do you have this setting enabled for your App?

image.png

This is usually what causes the App to align to Top Left,

Let me know if that's not the case,

Thanks,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hey @iAm_ManCat

thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately it is not the case, I had it disabled the whole time. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Patrik

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Could you send a screenshot of what it looks like please? Also, a screenshot please of how you have achieved the fixed width if you can,

Thanks!

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sure @iAm_ManCat, please see attached screenshots below.

It's not really fixed width per se, I am using Min(App.Width, App.DesignWidth), so the app has maximum width of 1024 (1024 is value of DesignWidth). This is set on all applicable objects within the app. Sorry if I misled you with the fixed width thing.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @mrazekpatrik 

I still think it might be the embedded optimization setting, as your background is showing as white - this only happens when that feature is on - it is intended for embedding into webpages which is why there is Whitespace around it

Here's my test of this

Optimized Embedded Experience Off

image.png

Turning on optimized embedding, saving, re-publishing, run the App and refresh the App using Ctrl+F5 to force the browser to reload any cached items:

image.png

image.png

If you have turned the setting off and saved and republished - could you try refreshing the App once it loads? and could you try using another browser to confirm that its not the browser keeping the old version where the setting is still on?

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @iAm_ManCat,

thank you for following up.

I double checked and it is really turned off. But I noticed another thing, when I turn on "Scale to fit" combined with "Lock aspect ratio", app moves to the center of the screen. But since I want the app to be responsive, I need to have those settings turned off.

Thanks again, 

Patrik

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@KickingApps, as the responsive guru, could you please give some guidance here if you have a spare moment?

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hey there - it's been awhile since I have been in the forum; did you work this out?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello @KickingApps , 

I didn't, unfortunately. I'm not even sure, if it's possible, since the app moves to the left side of the screen once I turn off Scale to fit option.

But if you know the solution, I'd be more than happy.

Thanks, 

Patrik

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,626)