cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

App always ask user to allow connection

We have some PowerApps application in production for tha last few months. They connect to on-premise SQL using Gateways. The apps has been running fine until this morning. 

Starting earlier today, all the apps ask all the users to "allow" the connection to the gateway every time the user starts the app. Once allowed, the application runs fine, but if the user closes the app and re-opens it again, then the app asks the same question. 

As far as we know, nothing change in our AD or SQL security settings, nor the connection or apps. 

Is anyone experiencing the same issue ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: App always ask user to allow connection

Hi @ragoran,

Could you please share a screenshot about the issue within your app?

How many data sources do you use within your app?

Further, do you share the On-premises SQL table data source with other members within your Organization?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

When I run the shared app on my side first time, the app would ask me to provide credentials for this app. But when I run this app second time, the shared app would run directly without providing credentials.

In default, when you run the shared app first time and provided credentials for it, this app would store your credentials. In addition, when you shared the app within other members in your Organization, the On-premises SQL Server connection would be shared with them automatically, so the other members (who you shared the app with) don't need to provided extra credentials for this SQL Server connector.

More details about sharing data source within PowerApps, please check the following article:

Share resources within PowerApps

Please take a try to re-create your app and share it with other members in your Organization, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello Kris,

Yesterday was a holiday in Canada. The apps do not have this issue anymore, they are working as expected. 

As I said, all our apps that used on premise SQL connectors started to ask the user to allow the connection, all the time, last Friday. Most of these apps have been in production for at least 9 months, It was the first time we saw this odd behavior. 

This morning, they are back as they were before, giving permission is only required one time...

Thanks for the reply.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Raised a similar issue earleir, seems like the teams have fixed it really quick! Great Work Guys!
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/New-permissions/m-p/131652#M45822

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,072)