cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

App based on Onedrive fails for all accounts other than source Onedrive accounts

1. Our organization does not have any Azure based products. Everything is on premise.

2. So, we have signed up to an Azure account so that we are able to take use of all Azure based products (xxxx@xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com).

3. I have created an app in Powerapps using the xxxx@xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com account based on an excelsheet(table) located in a folder in Onedrive. In the app i've created I have signed in to Onedrive when prompted in the powerapp, to reach the datasource for the specific app. The account signed in to Onedrive is where the datasource is and is NOT THE SAME ACCOUNT as the xxxx@xxxxx.onmicrosoft.com account. These two  accounts are not linked in any way (that is atleast what our IT-department says).

4. The app opens and everything is as expected.

Now to the issue;

When sharing the app with a colleague and also sharing the folder where the datasoruce is located, the user get an error saying it cannot find the source. I expect that this has something to do with the Onedrive-account that is beeing used by the user. I tried to provoke this error on my user by changing the Onedrive-login to another one of my Onedrive accounts that DID NOT contain the datasource, but did have access to the folder with the source (I shared the folder to this account). This provoked the same error on my user.

To me it seems as if I have to sign in with the Onedrive account that contains the datasource, if not, the app fails to open with data. This does not make any functional sense.

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Another thing is that I can't understand why we need to share the original datasource (Onedrive-folder in this case) with all users that wants access to the app. Giving the users access to the app means giving the user the right to read the data (or edit if chosen). This will surely cause trouble for organizations.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

Any update one this ?

I would also like to have users image stored in the same, shared folder on Onedrive for Business

Elia
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

Same issue here. I have the data source linked to an excel file. However, I had to store the excel file on OneDrive, as doing it in SharePoint didn't work.

The issue is that, if I want the app user to access the data, I have to send them an invitation to share the excel file. They get very cofused and, indeed, they end up opening the excel file and thinking that is the document they should work with, and not the app... Very annoying. Any solution so far?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,821)