cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnPOWER
Advocate I
Advocate I

App checker shows an error on a formula that I cannot find the item in my Power App anywhere

There is no galleryTemplate7 in my Power Apps. Below the App checker thinks I have one. Anyone run into this before? If so, is there some way to remove it?

Annotation 2020-01-28 220721.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think the solution, for now, is to check OnSelect properties of all galleries in the app.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
https://thepoweraddict.com

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

I have run into this issue a few times. Have you renamed your galleries? Can you check the OnSelect property of all your galleries? One of them that was originally called Template7 has an error.

Let me know if this helps.

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution.

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hi @ShawnPOWER

If you press the back arrow next to Details it actually tells you exactly which object on which screen is trying to reference that:

image.png

So you'll just need to find that control/object and clear that property or else point it to the correct value - Hope this is helpful!

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

This one is tricky for 2 reasons:

1. The error message references a completely different name for the gallery which you obviously cannot find by searching

2. The error message corresponds to the OnSelect proprety of the gallery for which there is no corresponding control (gallery errors that show up at the gallery level are typically for the Items property, not for properties like OnSelect. 

Please see the below GIF.

1. I have a gallery which is originally called: BrowseGallery16.

2. I then rename the gallery to : UsersGallery1.

3. I have the OnSelect property of the gallery set to: Set(testVar, true (which obviously has an error).

4. The corresponding error (references the gallery as galleryTemplate32) is misleading and does not provide complete information as originally posted by @ShawnPOWER 

5. This error is really difficult to find because it doesn't have a corresponding red asterisk

6. Once I change the OnSelect property of the gallery to: Set(testVar, true) the error goes away

InvisibleError.gif

Please let me know if this helps. 

---

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia

Ah, this looks like a program bug then, @chass could you forward this information onto the team or tag this post so that they can pick it up - When renaming a gallery, the existing OnSelect formula is kept and then shown as an error as the referenced object no longer exists, and writing a new value to the renamed gallery's OnSelect causes the error to rectify.

Thanks @PowerAddict for flagging up the bug,

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

@iAm_ManCat

Happy to help!

Thanks,
Hardit Bhatia

I think the solution, for now, is to check OnSelect properties of all galleries in the app.

---

Thanks!
Hardit Bhatia
The Power Addict

View solution in original post

Hi @iAm_ManCat and @PowerAddict, I appreciate the quick help and bug identification. When I go back from the Detail screen @iAm_ManCat it definitely just shows the same odd name, which I don't have in my app. Also, I am not able to click the link and it goes places, unfortunately I am guessing because the object just doesn't exist anywhere in my app due to the rename. @PowerAddict I am checking each of the Galleries now that have been renamed to see if I can find the culprit, let you know if I find it and if there is any easy way to do that. Just to round this out, the attached image displays the Formulas Error (so back from the Details screen) specifically. When clicking the object name nothing happens in my app (usually it zooms to the object).

Clicking will not take you anywhere because this property doesn't reference a control in the true sense of the word.

Thanks,
Hardit Bhatia

Hi @PowerAddict, makes sense and I appreciate the help and you re-creating it.

I found the Gallery causing issue, I had a gallery which in the OnSelect value had "/* comments here */" and that was it. Just adding a "false" to the end of the comments so "/* comments here */ false" resolved the error on the Gallery. A blank value was also a workable solution for the App checker to not complain about it. I have no clue why that works but that seems like a bug as mentioned here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,495)