cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App distorted by auto zoom input select

This is terrible service by Microsoft. Obviously there is something that can be done for ComboBoxes.

They are correct to say that for textInputs with small fonts, ios will autozoom. For these, you can just increase the font size. However, for ComboBoxes, it doesn't matter what the font size is. I change it to massive fonts, it still zooms in every time it is selected.

Horrendous user experience. I can't believe this hasn't been fixed.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I have the same problem on iOS.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

"To fix this issue, ensure that the font size of text inputs are large enough so that iOS does not have to zoom in."

Not true, combo box will always zoom in and stay there, so the bug is in PowerApps side... users needs to zoom out manually all the time. We cannot use PowerApps as a mobile app platform with this future enabled. This is not a minor but a major problem. Microsoft needs allow costumer to decide if their app needs this future or not. 

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I agree. This is an issue. For Text Input, all I need to do is change the size of the font to 16 and the problem is solved. However, this doesn’t solve the issue for the Combo Box when the “Searchable” property is enabled. I suspect that this is because the “Search Text” text input on the Combo Box is smaller than the ComboBox’s Size property.

I don’t see any option to configure the ComboBox’s search text input property, either. Instead of using a combo box (1 control), I’m having to configure multiple controls to achieve the same functionality. eg Text Input + Gallery for searching.

I need to configure the Gallery’s Items property based on whether the Text Input text property, and also the Gallery’s visibility property to the show/hide based on whether the Text Input field contains data.

Then, I need to configure a Label control to display the selected item, or either a list box or another gallery to display the selected items (if the user needs to select more than 1).

Then, I need to setup logic to handle resets on all 3 controls.

Moreover, if this is a responsive app I need to setup the responsive properties for all the controls as well, including the controls internal to the gallery.

This is all to replace 1 ComboBox. Very inefficient. If there are multiple ComboBoxes, this becomes a real hassle. If components could utilize data sources, I could create a component to avoid having to rebuild these controls every time... however, that isn’t an option right now.

The only repeatable/reusable component could be an a component that utilizes a connector rather than a data source (e.g. Office365.SearchUsers).

However, if I wanted to build a reusable component for something like Contacts or Accounts in CDS, I can’t because data sources can’t be used.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

I agree. This is an issue. For Text Input, all I need to do is change the size of the font to 16 and the problem is solved. However, this doesn’t solve the issue for the Combo Box when the “Searchable” property is enabled.  I suspect that this is because the “Search Text” text input on the Combo Box is smaller than the ComboBox’s Size property.  I don’t see any option to configure the ComboBox’s search text input property, either. Instead of using a combo box (1 control), I’m having to configure multiple controls to achieve the same functionality. eg Text Input + Gallery for searching. I need to configure the Gallery’s Items property based on whether the Text Input text property, and also the Gallery’s visibility property to the show/hide based on whether the Text Input field contains data. Then, I need to configure a Label control to display the selected item, or either a list box or another gallery to display the selected items (if the user needs to select more than 1). Then, I need to setup logic to handle resets on all 3 controls. Moreover, if this is a responsive app I need to setup the responsive properties for all the controls as well, including the controls internal to the gallery. This is all to replace 1 ComboBox.  Very inefficient.  If there are multiple ComboBoxes, this becomes a real hassle. If components could utilize data sources, I could create a component to avoid having to rebuild these controls every time... however, that isn’t an option right now.  The only repeatable/reusable component could be an a component that utilizes a connector rather than a data source (e.g. Office365.SearchUsers). However, if I wanted to build a reusable component for something like Contacts or Accounts in CDS, I can’t because data sources can’t be used.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,757)