cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
certifiedglassy
Advocate I
Advocate I

App does not launch if Named Formula is implemented

Been having this issue with the new feature where an app I added Named Formulas to won't open on the Player for any platform (Windows, browser, or mobile). Just to make sure it wasn't a problem on my end, I opened a different test app and ran the following tests:

1. Run the existing app to ensure it works. PASS

2. Re-publish the same app under the latest/recommended Editor version. PASS

3. Add 'f_Test = "test";' to app's Formula section and add a label referencing that variable, then republish. FAIL

- App hangs on loading circle image and doesn't show the app's icon/title. It hangs there for a decent amount of time (I didn't wait to test just how far it would last, but it can remain like this for at least 1 minute).

4. Remove the formula and make the label just say "teeest" on its own. FAIL (not sure why)

- Same issue as previous test.

Just to be sure, I tried again with a new, blank app:

1. Just publish an app with no changes except a standard label (using default authoring version 3.22091.11). PASS

2. Turn on Named Formulas, add second label with default text, and republish. PASS

3. Add formula 'f_Test="test";', add third label with default text (not using formula value), republish. PASS

4. Add fourth label and set its Text value to f_Test, republish. FAIL

- This one reached the loading screen that shows the app icon/title, but then flickered once a few seconds later (said "Getting your data..." I think) and crashed to a white screen saying "This app stopped working. Try refreshing your browser." and a session ID. Refreshing just took me back to this screen. Closing the browser and re-opening flickered the screen again, then showed me the refresh message. Cache clear had the same effect. Opening in the Windows player gave a generic error message a few seconds into loading, and the mobile app hangs here for at least 5 minutes without opening.

5. Change the fourth label's Text value from f_Test's value to "something else here", republish. PASS

6. Change the label's value back to f_Test's value, then save/republish the app under the newest authoring version (3.22092.12). FAIL

- Same as step 4, but this time the mobile version gave an error message very quickly instead of just sitting there.

Has anyone found something that prevents this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

This has been raised as an issue in the experimental features section of the forum here - could you please add your comments to that thread so that we get the right traction behind it 🙂

App with Named Formulas crashes in 3.22091.11 and ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

This has been raised as an issue in the experimental features section of the forum here - could you please add your comments to that thread so that we get the right traction behind it 🙂

App with Named Formulas crashes in 3.22091.11 and ... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,871)