cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sundry
Frequent Visitor

App editing not working

Hello,

I've been working for several weeks on a Powerapp and I'm just seeing the end of the tunnel, but for some reason, after I changed a simple formula in the OnVisible control of my first screen, I cannot edit anything in the app anymore and function bar is greyed out and stuck in the .fill of the first screen. 

This issue sounds similar to one published here and here and doesn't look promising... Any ideas ?

Screenshot 2020-10-08 at 20.03.28.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Many thanks for your interesting suggestions, I'll definitely keep them in mind. Although, I had just tried and deleted some code when the issue occurred, so I really have no idea as to what could have caused the issue.

For some reason, the problem solved itself when I induced an error in the Screen.fill control that was the only one I had access to, it just "unlocked" the ability to edit other controls.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@sundry 

Have you considered restoring a previous version before the change you made?

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

I did and it worked. The problem is that I would lose about half a days work...

@sundry 

It sounds as though your latest version has something in your formula that has put it into an endless loop or is something that it will not recover from.

Your only real options are the following:

1) Lose a half day work 😞

2) Try to export the latest version.  Open the source files and try to remove the offending formula.  Then open again in designer.

But, not so sure this would work well as you would need to open it to save it as a file.  And, you can not seem to open it. 😞

3) If the changes you made could possibly be datasource related, then you could consider pulling the data connection out from under the app.  Then try to open again and it might simply fail to get data and then it would be editable. 

That's about the only things I can think of.  Trying to put myself in your shoes to figure out how I would get around it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Hi,

Many thanks for your interesting suggestions, I'll definitely keep them in mind. Although, I had just tried and deleted some code when the issue occurred, so I really have no idea as to what could have caused the issue.

For some reason, the problem solved itself when I induced an error in the Screen.fill control that was the only one I had access to, it just "unlocked" the ability to edit other controls.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,241)