cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

App is too slow with Lookups

I made an app that uses lookups from the datasource for mostly everything. The problem is my counter outside the gallery which uses a label is based on Checkbox selections that are also based on a label. When a box is checked or unchecked it is immediately patched or removed from the datasource. The problem is that this causes a lag of multiple seconds sometimes. If I were to uncheck a checkbox it would recheck for a second then go away. If I were to check a box my counter would similarly go up down then up to the correct value. The app is taking too long and sometimes crashes because it is too slow. How can I fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@powerapps890 
My first suggest would be to store the gallery options in a label inside a collection when the app starts.  That way the data is on the local device (fast!!!) and does not need to be called from SharePoint.  When the form is ready for submission you can PATCH the data back into the datasource.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

What is gallery options? I am not sure how to implement what you are describing. If needed I can post my code. @mdevaney 

@powerapps890 
Sorry, There is not anything called gallery options.  I was referring to your checkbox options which I presume are stored in the items property of the gallery.

I am a little confused..Yes in my items there is a checkboxcolumn. So what can I do? The patching is way too slow this will not work what I dont get is why it works well with radio buttons. @mdevaney 

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (52,170)