cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

App is using all the Ipad Space

I have written an app to reserve my conference room using a Sharepoint calendar.  The Ipad has 11gb of free space.  Nothing is written locally from the app.  After about 3 weeks the Ipad storage shows full and indicates that Powerapps is using all 11gb of space.  Is there log files I have do deal with?  Is there something I need to diable?  Debug mode?

David K Akridge
Chief Information Officer, Mobile County Public Schools
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi dakridge,

The UI will be available in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Cody

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @dakridge

We are adding some UI to the mobile PowerApps client to clear local cache. This will help you reset the local cache. This should be out in the next month. For now, you can delete PowerApps from your device and reinstall it again. This will have the same effect of clearing your local cache. Let me know if this works for you. 

-Faisal

Highlighted

So this is a known issue?

David K Akridge
Highlighted

We know that the space that PowerApps uses can grow but we didn't have any cases where it got this big. We hope that the UI that we are adding will help in such cases. 

Highlighted

Then that explains why there was no information anywhere on the web or in the community.  I thought I was loosing my mind.  I'll look forward to the update.  Will you post to this thread when it's ready so I can test?

David K Akridge
Highlighted

Yes. I will try to share the update. However, in the meantime, can you try the workaround of deleting PowerApps and installing it again? this will get the space required to around 100MB at most. 

Highlighted

Yep, it's already done.  I'm going to track the space over the next week and see how much it's taking.  Thank you for your response.

David K Akridge
Highlighted

Any word on this UI update? 

David K Akridge
Highlighted

Hi dakridge,

The UI will be available in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Cody

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Looking for an update on this.  We are having to reset the Ipads once a week now.  Please let me know. 

David K Akridge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,164)