Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Stevel Advocate III
Advocate III

App isn't opening correctly

Hi,

I'm launching a survey PowerApp from an Admin PowerApp. The first time it worked great and passed the parameter that I have included in the launch URL.

Launch("https://web.powerapps.com/apps/76836bd7-f6fb-4362-b41b-8b3ab43c9f12?personId="&thisPatid);

Now the launch doesn't pass the parameter correctly from the browser (the target PowerApp no longer see's it) and when I launch from a published power app the launched app gets the message: "This app isn't opening correctly. This app didn't install correctly. Please try again." Session ID: 178061cf-2fdc-9baf-e6b3-6171be39c0ce

In the OnStart event of the target PowerApp: 

Set(thisPatId,Text(Param("personId")));

Please help...Steve

BTW: I logged out of PowerApps on my tablet and logged back in - same symptoms

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: App isn't opening correctly

If you want to launch a PowerApp within another app, then you can use the app id directly in the Launch function:

Launch("76836bd7-f6fb-4362-b41b-8b3ab43c9f12", "personId", thisPatid)

View solution in original post

Stevel Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi Carlos,

As you pointed out, I wasn't using the Launch function correctly to pass parameters, however, after I fixed the parameter passing it didn't work with your syntax below. I couldn't launch another PowerApp from within an active PowerApp using just the AppId. What is launching the 2nd PowerApp is:

Launch("https://ms.web.powerapps.com/apps/76836bd7-f6fb-4362-b41b-8b3ab43c9f12","personId",thisPatid);

And, my launched PowerApp is happily getting the personId parameter onStart.

Thanks...Steve

2 REPLIES 2
Power Apps
Power Apps

If you want to launch a PowerApp within another app, then you can use the app id directly in the Launch function:

Launch("76836bd7-f6fb-4362-b41b-8b3ab43c9f12", "personId", thisPatid)

Stevel Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi Carlos,

As you pointed out, I wasn't using the Launch function correctly to pass parameters, however, after I fixed the parameter passing it didn't work with your syntax below. I couldn't launch another PowerApp from within an active PowerApp using just the AppId. What is launching the 2nd PowerApp is:

Launch("https://ms.web.powerapps.com/apps/76836bd7-f6fb-4362-b41b-8b3ab43c9f12","personId",thisPatid);

And, my launched PowerApp is happily getting the personId parameter onStart.

Thanks...Steve

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,029)